• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something which could go in the Cheerful or Annoying category, but I think we need a niche for just good old air-headery.   One of the morning news shows featured a discussion of last night

Yes Wilf. Montrous commentary. I will not say anymoore because I'll be violating some our mores.

AAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

Sure it looks bad but we need to hear the panda's side of the story.

it's the oldest scam around. these pandas lure the young people into their enclosures, put up a fake struggle call the cops and then split the extortion money for dropping the charges with the police. clearly this student didn't play ball and he's being made an example

Dingbat moment today: I left a bottle of wine on the subway. :rolleyes:

I don't consider things like this as ding-batty. It's more like, well, fortuitous serendipity for the person who found it. Probably needed it more than you did.

Dingbat moment today: I left a bottle of wine on the subway. :rolleyes:

I don't consider things like this as ding-batty. It's more like, well, fortuitous serendipity for the person who found it. Probably needed it more than you did.

And semi-serendipity for me to: I found an exact replacement bottle at my local wine shop for $1 less than I paid for it at Grande Harvest Wines in GCT.

Guest Aaron T

As I was leaving work today I put my computer bag in my trunk and as I was putting it in, put my car keys into the bag instead of putting my work badge in the bag. Then I closed the trunk and locked myself out of the car.

I called Triple A and they came about 20 minutes later and got my car open. I couldn't use the trunk popper opener thing on the drivers side (it must auto disable when the alarm goes off) so I got into the trunk via the backseat and then got to my bag and my keys and presto I was back in business.

It was annoying and even moreso as it was all my fault.

• 3 weeks later...

Step forward book critic Matt Weiland of the New York Observer. Reviewing a new book about C.S. Lewis, which brings shocking news of his friendship with Tolkien:

Does everyone know that they were best pals at Oxford starting in the late 1920s? I certainly didn’t. According to Ms. Miller, they were as much a Romantic duo as Coleridge and Wordsworth: They read passages from their work in progress to each other; joined with other Oxford writers in a club called the Inklings to egg each other on; and together led the effort to keep books written after 1830 off the university’s syllabus. Fascinating stuff...

Yes. Fascinating.

That's even more fascinating than this grammar-bending tidbit from eG:

The Pu-Erh teas are also wonderful, which have a deep smokey/earthy quality which comes from the tea being aged in caves.

Who knew? It's amazing, the things that you can learn every day.

I'm hoping this is the capper in a string of dumb kitchen mishaps.

I pulled the T'giving turkey carcass out of the freezer and made a delicious, deeply flavored stock. When it was done, I strained it into a big bowl. A big collapsible bowl.

The edge of the stockpot clipped the rim of the bowl, which obligingly collapsed, showering me with hot stock. My right leg, from hip to ankle, is one angry oozing blister.

I'm lucky it wasn't worse, and that the cats weren't underfoot. But I really mourn the loss of that stock.