• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something which could go in the Cheerful or Annoying category, but I think we need a niche for just good old air-headery.   One of the morning news shows featured a discussion of last night

Yes Wilf. Montrous commentary. I will not say anymoore because I'll be violating some our mores.

AAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

3 hours ago, AaronS said:

tubbs is right.

I miss that place. I don't think I've been in a decade but used to go to the one in Manhattan a lot. Food was so much better than it had to be. 

• 2 months later...

I got my first vaccine shot 3 weeks ago just over the border in AZ, because NV was dragging out bringing the age level down. And because they were fine with taking basically anyone, no matter where you reside, without issue. As an aside, I am still not eligible in NV--too young and too healthy. Which is absolutely nothing to complain about, except for this situation.

So today, I drive the 2 hours back to where I got my first shot. Proud of myself to get there 15 minutes before my appointment-the earliest they will allow you to check in. I look at my phone to check in and wonder why is it telling me it's an hour earlier than it should be. Duhhhh. AZ does not observe DST. So I got to wait an extra hour in Bullhead City 😡 But, I (eventually) got my 2nd shot 🥳 🍾.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Evelyn said:

I got my first vaccine shot 3 weeks ago just over the border in AZ, because NV was dragging out bringing the age level down. And because they were fine with taking basically anyone, no matter where you reside, without issue. As an aside, I am still not eligible in NV--too young and too healthy. Which is absolutely nothing to complain about, except for this situation.

So today, I drive the 2 hours back to where I got my first shot. Proud of myself to get there 15 minutes before my appointment-the earliest they will allow you to check in. I look at my phone to check in and wonder why is it telling me it's an hour earlier than it should be. Duhhhh. AZ does not observe DST. So I got to wait an extra hour in Bullhead City 😡 But, I (eventually) got my 2nd shot 🥳 🍾.

That’s what matters.   Well done!

• Like 2

Well, a "real" cocktail? 🤣 Not to mention even if there had been, the 2 hour drive back to Las Vegas with lots of State Troopers, some curvy roads and lots of road construction. But, there was a LARGE cocktail after I got home and got in my workout 💪

Holiday trip to France with a couple of friends years ago. This may come as a surprise, but there's a one hour time difference between the UK and France. We duly adjusted our watches on the ferry going across.

Our first day in some little French town turned out a little strange. When we were ready for lunch, no-one was serving it. All the shops closed early for some reason. And when we showed up at a restaurant for dinner, everyone was on dessert.

We had adjusted our watches the wrong way and were running two hours behind everyone else in the country.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

in some little French town ... All the shops closed early for some reason. And when we showed up at a restaurant for dinner, everyone was on dessert.

Little French towns are unforgiving.    Monday afternoons?   Forget it.   Dinner after 8pm?    Hope you like ethnic.    We have had some of our most enjoyable, most welcoming  and most unexpected meals in the only kitchen open in town.   Turkish, Moroccan,  Ethiopian.   

On 4/30/2010 at 1:48 PM, Stone said:

Why don't they just repaint it. It's not like a picasso or anything.

Wasn't there a story awhile back about a crew cleaning up some garbage in a corner of a room in a museum and later finding out that this pile of garbage was supposed to be art? And then people got upset when someone suggested that they just strew more garbage about to replace the first pile of garbage because if they did that it would pretty much be a concession that it was just a pile of garbage to being with? You know what would have been funny, if someone took the hoover off the pedestal, used it to clean up the pile of garbage, and then put it in the stock room, and then when curator found out, he went to the stock room, grabbed the wrong hoover, and put it back on the pedestal, and no one realized that the hoover on the pedestal wasn't a $4 million piece of art, but was just an exactly identical $35 vacuum cleaner, until like, five years later, when some janitor recognized it as his hoover, and then all these people sued because they spent good money to stare at a $4 million hoover on a pedestal not the same $35 hoover they have in their closet even thought it's exactly the same.

Just a thought.

Graffiti Art Wonders Where to Draw the Line.

One is art.  One is junk.  Can you tell the difference?

merlin_186070230_66998a55-393a-4581-81bc-2a1fdc8d64e5-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

I have always subscribed to the art/antique rule that something is worth how much I really like/love it in order for its to sustain that value.   At the same time, I've turned down quite a few pieces that turned out to have value beyond their price tag at the time.