Doctors and the Medical Profession

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most doctors can't even spell drug names (or names of diagnoses, or names of procedures, or common first names, etc., etc.).

What's the difference between prescribe and proscribe again?

Proscribe means being in favor of the writer ;) and prescribe means coming before the writer comes :lol:

That's not my experience at all.

Having done medical transcription for 10-40 hours a week since 1983, in pretty much every medical specialty, I think I know what I'm talking about. Even when I had other jobs, I've always done it on the side for extra money.

Having done medical transcription for 10-40 hours a week since 1983, in pretty much every medical specialty, I think I know what I'm talking about. Even when I had other jobs, I've always done it on the side for extra money.

you dare to put a mere 24 years of employment experience up against the two or three doctors omni knows? you can't expect us to take you seriously.

As I said, it's not my experience at all. I feel no need to justify my comment, nor to describe my own considerable professional (and other) experience with physicians. I have no idea why mongo thinks he knows anything about my experience(s) in this arena, but I assure you he does not.

As I said, it's not my experience at all. I feel no need to justify my comment, nor to describe my own considerable professional (and other) experience with physicians.

Good for you. Doesn't mean you're right.

It means that in the course of my own considerable experience, I have not encountered the phenomenon you describe. There is no right or wrong, nor do I understand why you feel the need to defend yourself, or attack me. Your experience is yours, and mine is mine. I have no reason to think you are being less than truthful. And I am being no less truthful about my experiences.

Could be that the hundreds of physicians I've transcribed over the years are just stupid.

Uh, uh, from my sheltered experience with only about 70 physicians and 400 Ph.D. genius inventors/researchers in the biotech field, they often can't spell well but stupidity has nothing to do with it. It is more the layout of the prefrontal lobe and geography. I also suspect it has something to due with boredom during grammar school spelling lessons. It wasn't the part of the brain that got much exercise. Now pharmacists on the other hand . . . but all they have to do is count out pills and type labels.

What is unique about grapefruit that makes it react differently from other citric or cross-bred fruits?

Edit to remove as redundant to reason stated above, cross posted.

Could be that the hundreds of physicians I've transcribed over the years are just stupid.

Uh, uh, from my sheltered experience with only about 70 physicians and 400 Ph.D. genius inventors/researchers in the biotech field, they often can't spell well but stupidity has nothing to do with it.

Do I really have to explain this? I was attempting IRONY.