The Decline and Fall of American Food TV

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Mary Ann Esposito. She lives in New Hampshire--is that the type of accent she has? Her voice doesn't bother me like Rick Bayless' voice. Oh, and that nasty, wispy facial hair of his. I completely agree about the broadening-of-horizons when it comes to Mexican cuisine, however. If they dubbed his voice, they'd have something!

And speaking of hair, has Lydia Bastianich been using spray-on hair? It kinda looks it....

On another note, I still haven't gotten over the loss of the Two fat ladies. (Yes, I know one is still alive; I mean the show...)

Rancho, you missed Tyler's Sandwich, he was making San Francisco sandwiches because he was using sourdough.. And to make it extra California, he used Avacado.. Who adds avacado to a sandwich, only you wild spirits out West..

And speaking of hair, has Lydia Bastianich been using spray-on hair? It kinda looks it....

i think she does on tv, lately. probably because of the glare. but when i've seen her in real life she's au natural.

"In real life," her hair is so thin that you can clearly see her scalp so it wouldn't surprise me if she somehow enhances it for television.

I'm curious about something, however... Even when I had cable, I never bothered with the Food Network but loved the "Great Chefs of Europe" series on Discovery. I would occasionally tune into the Food Network for the Bocuse d'Or documentary and I'm wondering if they still document that event.

Now, with no television, I do download stuff; mostly from Britain. However I recently got a bunch of interesting "Modern Marvel" series; tea, milk, butchery, etc. Now THOSE are fabulous and fascinating! But as for actual instructional cooking shows? I miss Jeff Smith (despite his faults)...

i think she does on tv, lately. probably because of the glare. but when i've seen her in real life she's au natural.

"In real life," her hair is so thin that you can clearly see her scalp so it wouldn't surprise me if she somehow enhances it for television.

I'm curious about something, however... Even when I had cable, I never bothered with the Food Network but loved the "Great Chefs of Europe" series on Discovery. I would occasionally tune into the Food Network for the Bocuse d'Or documentary and I'm wondering if they still document that event.

Now, with no television, I do download stuff; mostly from Britain. However I recently got a bunch of interesting "Modern Marvel" series; tea, milk, butchery, etc. Now THOSE are fabulous and fascinating! But as for actual instructional cooking shows? I miss Jeff Smith (despite his faults)...

hay nobodies perfeck

Rancho, you missed Tyler's Sandwich, he was making San Francisco sandwiches because he was using sourdough.. And to make it extra California, he used Avacado.. Who adds avacado to a sandwich, only you wild spirits out West..

After reading this I have the strong feeling his new San Francisco restaurant will be a huge success!

Martha buys Emeril, per Cynopsis:

Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. is expected to announce today in its quarterly earnings call with the press that it will acquire the media and licensed properties of Emeril Lagasse for $45 million in cash and $5 million in stock, reports The Wall Street Journal. Included would be the TV programs The Essence of Emeril and the syndicated episodes of Emeril Live currently airing on the Food Network, numerous cookbooks and Lagasse's website, as well as a host of licensing product deals. The one piece not included is the Emeril restaurants