The Decline and Fall of American Food TV

Martha buys Emeril, per Cynopsis:

Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. is expected to announce today in its quarterly earnings call with the press that it will acquire the media and licensed properties of Emeril Lagasse for $45 million in cash and $5 million in stock, reports The Wall Street Journal. Included would be the TV programs The Essence of Emeril and the syndicated episodes of Emeril Live currently airing on the Food Network, numerous cookbooks and Lagasse's website, as well as a host of licensing product deals. The one piece not included is the Emeril restaurants

martha's back with a vengence

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. is expected to announce today in its quarterly earnings call with the press that it will acquire the media and licensed properties of Emeril Lagasse for $45 million in cash and $5 million in stock, reports The Wall Street Journal. Included would be the TV programs The Essence of Emeril and the syndicated episodes of Emeril Live currently airing on the Food Network, numerous cookbooks and Lagasse's website, as well as a host of licensing product deals. The one piece not included is the Emeril restaurants

martha's back with a vengence

She's smart. I think he's played out on FN but there are still a lot of tunes left in an old violin.

Those late night/3:00 AM reruns of Alton Brown. Still learn things. I wish they would back out all the preps for Iron Chef. I'd really like to SEE each step of using those small pressure cookers, for instance. Congratulations to Emeril and Martha. Never thought watching grandma cook would bring ya $45 million. All those long days on cement floors and at Commander's Palace served you well.

Rick Bayless' weird, halting speech pattern makes me insane.
He talks like he's stoned. It used to bug me. Now I just imagine he's high, and that makes me a little more tolerant of it.

Someone here compared him to Carole Channing.

Works for me.

Huh, Carole Channing. There's something in that.

To me he's always sounded like a cross between Vincent Price and Peter Lorre with maybe just a spramp of Boris Karloff.

Rick Bayless' weird, halting speech pattern makes me insane.
He talks like he's stoned. It used to bug me. Now I just imagine he's high, and that makes me a little more tolerant of it.

Someone here compared him to Carole Channing.

Works for me.

Huh, Carole Channing. There's something in that.

To me he's always sounded like a cross between Vincent Price and Peter Lorre with maybe just a spramp of Boris Karloff.

how about the secret love child of carol channing and christopher walken?

Wow, that's interesting news. Is Emeril getting ready to retire??