The Decline and Fall of American Food TV

I saw an episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Wobblers last night which was so extreme I began to suspect a script and actors. A midtown Indian restaurant with the improbable name of "Dillon's", decorated like an emergency room and with a kitchen apparently incapable of reaching the dizzy gastronomic heights of East 6th Street. The manager could replace Ricky Gervais in a new series of The Office.

Hard to believe the place really existed. I certainly hope none of you ate there.

ETA: It gets better. I just looked at the website, and the restaurant is linking to highlights of the Ramsay show. Including the rat droppings.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw an episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Wobblers last night which was so extreme I began to suspect a script and actors. A midtown Indian restaurant with the improbable name of "Dillon's", decorated like an emergency room and with a kitchen apparently incapable of reaching the dizzy gastronomic heights of East 6th Street. The manager could replace Ricky Gervais in a new series of The Office.

Hard to believe the place really existed. I certainly hope none of you ate there.

ETA: It gets better. I just looked at the website, and the restaurant is linking to highlights of the Ramsay show. Including the rat droppings.

sadly, it was for real. thankfully, i never ate there but one of my work colleagues stopped in there for lunch one day. fortunately, the service was so slow he had to leave before they even took his order. i can only hope that the old manager martin was a writer's creation.

vikas on the otherhand is a terrific piece of eye candy

more on vikas khanna

Introducing Vikas, someone who could cook, seemed a master stroke.

I am perhaps naive, but it's hard to figure out how a relatively low-key, unpretentious, inexpensive place like Utsav, about five minutes walk away, can put out an entirely serviceable buffet every day, while the only merit of Dillon's (pre-Ramsay) was that the servers were incapable of conveying the toxic food to the tables before, as you say, the guests left.

Including the rat droppings.

It never hurt DiFara's business.

For the last year I have been fighting the urge to get on one of those rapturous DiFara threads and report that miraculous cures have been happening after people have eaten the pizza. The blind now see, the lame now walk. The spiritual power of St. Dom is at work in the world.

But it only happens if they eat the square pie, not the round.

Including the rat droppings.

It never hurt DiFara's business.

For the last year I have been fighting the urge to get on one of those rapturous DiFara threads and report that miraculous cures have been happening after people have eaten the pizza. The blind now see, the lame now walk. The spiritual power of St. Dom is at work in the world.

But it only happens if they eat the square pie, not the round.

My first cousin was an amputee (left leg) and after eating one of Dom's slices grew a leg - unfortunately it was another leg on the right side.

• 1 year later...