Top Chef Season 4

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Tom's blog, the scallops were provided by Allen Brothers:

Rick Tramonto took Spike to task over this, which brought on Spike’s feisty reply, “With all due respect, the scallops were in your walk-in.” My heart sunk when I heard this because I’ve known Rick for years and can say with certainty he doesn’t use frozen seafood in his restaurant. Along with the high-end steaks they had provided for the show, Allen Bros. had included a variety of other products to round out the restaurant’s existing stock, including frozen scallops, which is how they came to be in Tramonto’s walk-in. I learned later that Rick knew this when we taped the show, but chose not to make a federal case out of it. But as a colleague and fan of Rick’s, I feel it’s important to set the record straight.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Lisa is still around? Shoot me now. I blame Padma. For a split second at the judges table, I was sure Lisa was going to go until Padma said she didn't hate the shrimp dish. Right then I knew. Crap.

On a positive note, I love Stephanie. She is awesome! And did you notice how she complemented Spike on his butchering? Classy.

I thought the elimination challenge was interesting. And I loved seeing the last three winners. I was impressed at how kind they were.

I'm a reality show geek - what can I say. I love it all.

Here's what I don't understand -- with only five minutes to pick two prime ingredients for the challenge, what was Spike doing looking in the freezer?

already had an idea of what he wanted to do and was searching for specific ingredients?

The wife and I thought Chef Tom was pissed that Dale went home instead of Lisa or Spike, so he let them know what he thought of them before dismissing one of them.

Spike should have known better than to go with those frozen scallops. He works in New York, and can't be ignorant of Collicchio's focus on ultra-high quality ingredients.

So this is what I want to do: get a portable audio device that can loudly play back a digital sample, and carry it around with me everywhere, especially to like staff meetings and such, and every time someone says something really stupid I just hit a button and play back that chilling "POOM" sound effect. Can you imagine?

So this is what I want to do: get a portable audio device that can loudly play back a digital sample, and carry it around with me everywhere, especially to like staff meetings and such, and every time someone says something really stupid I just hit a button and play back that chilling "POOM" sound effect. Can you imagine?

There would be blood on your hands if it played "Bam!"

:lol:

You have GOT to be kidding me. Lisa is still around? Shoot me now. I blame Padma. For a split second at the judges table, I was sure Lisa was going to go until Padma said she didn't hate the shrimp dish. Right then I knew. Crap.

Not only that, but Tramonto loved the peanut butter mashers. :huh:

I just might have to experiment with that...