Tales of the Cocktail

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The spirited event happens this year July 16 - 20 in New Orleans, where else? Blogging about it

Little Miss -- I got a report tonight that the tiki dinner was huge fun. In fact, that the whole event was a blast. Now, if I could only remember the screen name of the person who told me . . .

That dinner was amazing! the drinks were all awesome and the food was delicious!! not only that but there was swag and i won a limited edition tiki mug from the soon to be opened smuggler's cove in SF!!

we couldn't stop raving about the dinner, Jeff and Martin really outdid themselves

Nathan so sorry we didn't get a chance to meet!

I am really sorry to have missed this again. It looks like it was a top event.

On a side note, Tony Conigliaro (who I am told shares his name with a famous baseball player) one of London's most well known bartenders kept the title for "International Bartender of The Year" in the UK for the second year running (Nick Strangeway won it last year) and he has just opened a great new bar caleld 69 Colbrooke Row in Islington. Well worth checking out if anyone is coming to town

Slapsie

I am really sorry to have missed this again. It looks like it was a top event.

On a side note, Tony Conigliaro (who I am told shares his name with a famous baseball player) one of London's most well known bartenders kept the title for "International Bartender of The Year" in the UK for the second year running (Nick Strangeway won it last year) and he has just opened a great new bar caleld 69 Colbrooke Row in Islington. Well worth checking out if anyone is coming to town

Slapsie

Slapsie, if you go next year I will meet you there and introduce you to the lovely and talented Lu Brow, the Bar Chef at the Swizzle Stick.

My Flickr Set from Tales.

I'll try to write something later.

Rocky

I knew you would come through with some photos, Rocky. Thanks! looks like a lot of fun.

It was absolutely fantastic as always. It's getting really big though. It'll be interesting to see what they do for venues next year.

Rocky

I spent a good part of the weekend propping up the bar at The Merchant Hotel in Belfast. It won three major awards at Tales and the manager, Sean Muldoon and the mixers, Hayden and Jack are top, top mixers. A must visit if you are in Northern Ireland

Jack McGarry made some delicious cocktails while guest bartending at Pegu, a few nights prior to Tales. The Pharoah Cooler (Tequila as base spirit) was particularly good.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...