• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how come we don't have one already?   I'm inspired by the roasted red pepper I'm eating right now at my desk, marinated overnight in EVOO, red chilli and garlic, the strips rolled with anchovy and c

Wow. This is a way better lunch thread. I enjoyed reading all of it. I'll add my pedestrian goodies when I eat them.

A cold rabbit leg at my desk   v

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Time someone else contributed to this thread :lol:

A right poncey lunch, and delicious too: Nuggets of Langoustine in Basil Parcels from an old volume of Masterchef. This involves steaming the langoustines rolled in s&p and chopped chervil then a leaf of basil wrapped round. Lovely ginger-flavoured, butter-mounted sauce on a shallot/white wine/wine vinegar base. Served on a lamb's lettuce/rocket/radicchio (di Treviso in this case) vinaigrette-dressed salad.

Live langoustines are not to be had at the moment for love nor money due to storms in Scotland. These were from a rather large box of frozen I bought for a good price and were considerably better than fresh ones I have bought recently :lol: Not perfect, but good sweetness and flavour without that dreaded cottonwoolliness.

v

Resolving not to be embarrassed :lol: ...

Penne with leftover tomato sauce - the Zuni recipe used for braising bacon (halved tinned tomatoes cooked in a very hot oven until they char around the edges, then mixed with the usual sauted onions and garlic).

Yoghurt and slivered almonds.

All shared with the 2 year old. :lol:

clb

The healthy kick continues: watercress, hard-boiled egg, black tomato and black olive salad with garlic vinaigrette (I don't sit close to anyone else in the office :lol: ). And through the morning a banana, a clementine and a couple of lychees.

v

What did you think of the black tomato, v?

Cannellini bean soup (usual stuff: soffritto of onion, carrot, celery, garlic, parsley. Added soaked cannellini plus thyme and bayleaf. Simmered until beans cooked. Thickened soup with an immersion blender. Served with EVOO.) Vast amounts eaten by the 2 year old.

Valencia orange and a banana.

clb