Since my mayonnaise contains corn syrup, and not wanting to bother buying some KforP concoction, I experimented by making a no-mayo salmon salad using canned salmon, lime juice, and dill. It worked surprisingly well, so I'll see what adding the juice will do to tuna salad.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how come we don't have one already?   I'm inspired by the roasted red pepper I'm eating right now at my desk, marinated overnight in EVOO, red chilli and garlic, the strips rolled with anchovy and c

Wow. This is a way better lunch thread. I enjoyed reading all of it. I'll add my pedestrian goodies when I eat them.

Posted Images

Since my mayonnaise contains corn syrup, and not wanting to bother buying some KforP concoction, I experimented by making a no-mayo salmon salad using canned salmon, lime juice, and dill. It worked surprisingly well, so I'll see what adding the juice will do to tuna salad.

think Thai food - I've had a tuna melange rolled up in lettuce leaves [not time to look up its name right now] that was flavored with Thai chiles, lime juice, and i"m not sure what else....

April is national grilled cheese month ....

Dayne and I had a friendly competition- I made grilled sharp cheddar with bacon and apples. Dayne made grilled tallegio with proscuitto and basil on grilled rosemary bread rubbed with tomato and garlic- he is an over achiever! :lol:

2426239388_004597de3f.jpg

We called it a tie :)

A quiche. The first time I've ever made shortcrust* pastry. A Jamie Oliver recipe involving the food processor and Flying Pigs leaf lard. A very good result.

*Is it called that in the US? Regular pastry. Not choux, not puff, not suet.

A quiche. The first time I've ever made shortcrust* pastry. A Jamie Oliver recipe involving the food processor and Flying Pigs leaf lard. A very good result.

is it just comprised of flour, salt, lard (or butter) and water? if so, it's a pate brisee.

When speaking to Americans I refer to it as a short pastry or shortcrust pastry.

Pâte brisée is the French term for short pastry, but unlike some American versions it's never made with Crisco. Well, at least not in France.

When speaking to Americans I refer to it as a short pastry or shortcrust pastry.

Pâte brisée is the French term for short pastry, but unlike some American versions it's never made with Crisco. Well, at least not in France.

Do they use anything like Crisco in France?

is it just comprised of flour, salt, lard and water? if so, it's a pate brisee.

4oz flour, 2oz lard, an egg and salt. The recipe suggested it would need some water but the egg was quite large and it didn't seem to. Looking at various recipes, I see that the egg is somewhat unusual.