• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how come we don't have one already?   I'm inspired by the roasted red pepper I'm eating right now at my desk, marinated overnight in EVOO, red chilli and garlic, the strips rolled with anchovy and c

Wow. This is a way better lunch thread. I enjoyed reading all of it. I'll add my pedestrian goodies when I eat them.

Posted Images

Inspired by the hard-boiled egg thread, an open-face sandwich of sliced egg, Irish cheddar, and grainy mustard on toasted sour rye (with seeds) from Bread Alone. A change from my usual open-face crunchy peanut butter on toasted BA multiseed health bread (or whichever of their sandwich loaves we happen to have).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That sounds great. Raw purslane? I've been just barely wilting my CSA purslane to make it easier to consume in quantity. With eggs. Homemade hummus, pickles and challah would understandably make for a very pleasing sandwich.

The purslane was raw, which is how I always use it. I've never thought to cook it.

Feel free to copy. I was thinking roasted red pepper and maybe roasted tomatoes would be good as well. But it was too hot to turn the oven on, and I was too lazy to pick some roasted tomatoes out of the olive oil I pack it in.

• 3 weeks later...

14809992704_03c4c59bf2_z.jpg

Zucchine con acciughe e capperi ("zucchini with anchovy and capers")

14832186373_52865e2096_z.jpg

14812372455_c23f9a1f93_z.jpg

Oven-roasted tomatoes

14625732608_c8d5b63201_z.jpg

Pasta con salsa di mandorle e bietole ("pasta with chard and almond sauce").

Adapted from: http://www.lidiasitaly.com/recipes/detail/942 (with heirloom parsley instead of basil, twists instead of strangozzi and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese instead of Grana Padano).

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

1770936586_Ramen05-2r4IMG_1045.jpeg.6691c55f24a5575c2a947a5f2d6999ee.jpeg

Not ramen nor udon noodle soup. Good way to use some of the multitudes of vegetables in the fridge, with celery, carrots, peas, radish, spring onion, mushrooms, scallions, etc. Broth is a combo of recently made chicken and mushroom stocks. A little cooked chicken heated up in the stocks to serve. With that scallion/ginger sauce to punch it up.

I used these Korean noodles, which were surprisingly good...

105979852_NoodlesKoreanwheat.jpeg.52b93977cb1557e8a5a07e813d26581a.jpeg