• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how come we don't have one already?   I'm inspired by the roasted red pepper I'm eating right now at my desk, marinated overnight in EVOO, red chilli and garlic, the strips rolled with anchovy and c

Wow. This is a way better lunch thread. I enjoyed reading all of it. I'll add my pedestrian goodies when I eat them.

I'm really nice to Significant Eater on some days at lunch... . Chittara with clams, cherry tomatoes, Calabria peppers, scallions and parsley.

Posted Images

pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw, fries, unsweetened iced tea (2 orders) - for $43.28/€41.20 - at the restaurant next to hearst castle

for reference, a recent lunch in sf - three pork tacos, chicken tamale and soda - was $18/€17.12

reminds me of getting food at the tennis courts at flushing meadows. captive audience, etc. at least the fries were good: crispy and didn’t become potato starch bombs after cooling 

7BD7F183-8FEF-444D-B6B6-2FFC1D307D15.jpeg

334D3734-39BA-4514-A82A-DF043A9AABBB.jpeg

A2E15B4E-EC31-4F85-9FBB-5BE8BFDD3692.jpeg

B243F27B-1525-4376-8919-B0521D7238D2.jpeg

Belated Juneteenth celebration at work, catered by a local BBQ restaurant: spinach & strawberry salad, sauteed vegetables, baked beans, collards, rolls, mac & cheese, and either brisket or chicken.  Dessert was sweet potato pie, 7-Up cake, and another Bundt-type cake with a cinnamon-nut filling & a vanilla glaze.

Sadly, no beer because there's no alcohol allowed in the office.

There's a newish Persian bakery in downtown Hayward that I go to from time to time to get cookies.  I didn't realize that they bake traditional barbari (flatbreads) on Fridays and Saturdays, so when I went in this morning the whole place smelled like bread and I couldn't resist getting one fresh from the oven (only $4!).  I first had a piece with a little butter & apricot jam, and then my lunch was another piece with tinned sardines and garden cherry tomatoes.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's long gone, but there was a great Persian bakery/store around the corner from me in San Jose - I shopped there weekly, and all their breads were wonderful.