home improvement and maintenance

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we need to get the rain gutters on our roof cleaned. the first dude we spoke to quoted an hourly rate, and said depending on the size of the house it would take 3-4 hours. we've never had gutters clea

At $50 the hour you were ripped off.

SLBunge - yikes.   To quote Mr. Fly and our house inspector as they wandered around our place prior to the purchase.   "Hmmm. Interesting. Wrong, but interesting."   (There weren't any "Oh my

Nobody asked but...on the advice of my friend who used to work for Janovic, I don't prime when I paint walls.

even a new plaster wall?

Oh that I don't know. Is it not going to stick to the plaster or something? Why would you prime a new plaster wall?

Nobody asked but...on the advice of my friend who used to work for Janovic, I don't prime when I paint walls.

even a new plaster wall?

Oh that I don't know. Is it not going to stick to the plaster or something? Why would you prime a new plaster wall?

because the plaster guy said to. i've never primed a wall before and i've painted a lot of walls but he made a big deal about priming first

even a new plaster wall?

because the plaster guy said to. i've never primed a wall before and i've painted a lot of walls but he made a big deal about priming first

Dunno, it's up to you but I don't see the point and since you don't own the place...

even a new plaster wall?

Dunno, it's up to you but I don't see the point and since you don't own the place...

true, i guess that i'm so used to owning that i always forget that i don't own this place. no primer it is!

uncoated sheetrock pretty much has to be primed or it'll look like crap even with two coats. Painted walls don't need to be re-primed usually assuming the existing paint isn't unusual.

you have to be careful to clean the wall of any grease -- primer is very sticky and somewhat diminishes that need.

re unusual paint: the house i owned in seattle had a 16 x 20 living room with a dark brown ceiling. primer was a necessity.

uncoated sheetrock pretty much has to be primed or it'll look like crap even with two coats. Painted walls don't need to be re-primed usually assuming the existing paint isn't unusual.

you have to be careful to clean the wall of any grease -- primer is very sticky and somewhat diminishes that need.

re unusual paint: the house i owned in seattle had a 16 x 20 living room with a dark brown ceiling. primer was a necessity.

you mean, i should not have have spread lard on the new plaster walls?