Scientific questions to detect whether you are a 'mo. Please answer ALL questions honestly and as best you can. Remember: IT"S SCIENCE!  

25 members have voted

1. 1. When you hear Leslie Gore sing Sunshine, Lollipops and Rose,

• ...you cringe with disgust.
    • ...you tap your feet to the gentle rhythm.
    • ... you rush to your wardrobe to look for your cha cha heels before the tune ends.
  2. 2. When Judy Garland sings 'The Man That Got Away'

• ...you admire the fine Harold Arlen melody
    • ...you imagine that you are the man. And you go back.
    • ...you become angry at Warner Bros for making her recut the movie.
  3. 3. Your favorite Beatle is

• ...Paul, natch!
    • ...Bailey
    • ...Yoko.

My wife likes to regale her friends with the benefits of the "almost gay man." I can accessorize. I cook. And I have better decorating sense than she does (including the purchase of some truly gorgeous torchères for the living room). So there! So much for your little test.

As an aside, and because it peripherally relates, one of the funniest moments I can recall is when a gay acquaintance, in a very serious tone, tried to convince me that he could accurately identify every other gay man in a given radius. While I had no doubt that his radar was reasonably accurate, I did doubt his absolute certainty. He stood up in the very crowded barroom, said, "the next beer is on you," and sang Clang Clang Clang Went the Trolley! in a beautiful and extremely loud voice. After a tentative silence somebody at the end of the bar sang back, "Ding Ding Ding Went the Bell."

He looked at me and said, "I'm going home with him tonight." :lol:

Chad

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... one of the funniest moments I can recall is when a gay acquaintance, in a very serious tone, tried to convince me that he could accurately identify every other gay man in a given radius. While I had no doubt that his radar was reasonably accurate, I did doubt his absolute certainty. He stood up in the very crowded barroom, said, "the next beer is on you," and sang Clang Clang Clang Went the Trolley! in a beautiful and extremely loud voice. After a tentative silence somebody at the end of the bar sang back, "Ding Ding Ding Went the Bell."

This is brilliant. I read it to my husband and he hadn't a clue. Didn't even get the reference. Has often told me that in our early youth while I was going to musicals, he was going to oaters. :lol:

I have tried to persuade my mate Jackson that his friend W was gay on the grounds that he likes working out, shelties and show tunes. He remains unconvinced.

We need more data. Does W drive a Subaru?

why, hellooooo!

So almost everybody in Minnesota is gay?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Slow day in the Bean Biz?

:rolleyes:

No. I just feel the need to share.

Sharing is caring.

In the 1980s I worked for a major fashion house as a sales rep and even though I was based in SF, during "market week" the buyers would fly in from all over the country to shop the line. I was showing the line to the buyers of Chicago's Marshall Field and into the showroom walks the owner/designer. I thought the buyers would get a kick out of meeting her and they were keen so I introduced them and one of the buyers said, "I just love the line this season." and the owner/designer says, "Thanks. It's all about caring. The whole line is about caring." Long thoughtful pause. "It feels good to care!"

The buyers were stone silent. How the hell do you answer that?

So among my friends it's not unusual to blurt out of the blue, "It feels good to care!"

And you know what? It does!

Slow day in the Bean Biz?

:rolleyes:

No. I just feel the need to share.

Sharing is caring.

In the 1980s I worked for a major fashion house as a sales rep and even though I was based in SF, during "market week" the buyers would fly in from all over the country to shop the line. I was showing the line to the buyers of Chicago's Marshall Field and into the showroom walks the owner/designer. I thought the buyers would get a kick out of meeting her and they were keen so I introduced them and one of the buyers said, "I just love the line this season." and the owner/designer says, "Thanks. It's all about caring. The whole line is about caring." Long thoughtful pause. "It feels good to care!"

The buyers were stone silent. How the hell do you answer that?

So among my friends it's not unusual to blurt out of the blue, "It feels good to care!"

And you know what? It does!

Yes.

And sometimes it feels good to not give a shit.

My wife likes to regale her friends with the benefits of the "almost gay man." I can accessorize. I cook. And I have better decorating sense than she does (including the purchase of some truly gorgeous torchères for the living room). So there! So much for your little test.

As an aside, and because it peripherally relates, one of the funniest moments I can recall is when a gay acquaintance, in a very serious tone, tried to convince me that he could accurately identify every other gay man in a given radius. While I had no doubt that his radar was reasonably accurate, I did doubt his absolute certainty. He stood up in the very crowded barroom, said, "the next beer is on you," and sang Clang Clang Clang Went the Trolley! in a beautiful and extremely loud voice. After a tentative silence somebody at the end of the bar sang back, "Ding Ding Ding Went the Bell."

Chad

Ohmigod I must be gay :o don't tell MrsSRD.