We saw it yesterday with my (8 and 10 year old) nephews.

Go.

I have to admit that the Pixar flicks have a certain charm. Don't have kids of my own, and the nieces and nephews are grown. I'll probably go with my niece when I'm back in Texas - She's not "too cool" to be seen with Uncle E. :lol:

I saw it today with digital projection. It is my favorite Pixar film yet, even if it did make me cry.

Some I've talked to said the environmental bits were a bit over done, but the kids at the screening I saw really seemed engrossed by the movie, even those bits.

It is my favorite Pixar film yet, even if it did make me cry.

Some I've talked to said the environmental bits were a bit over done, but the kids at the screening I saw really seemed engrossed by the movie, even those bits.

I'm sold! I was wondering how the younger folks would take the apocalyptic bits. Better to be sobered by the prospects of a devastated planet than to be blissfully clueless...

It is my favorite Pixar film yet, even if it did make me cry.

I'm sold! I was wondering how the younger folks would take the apocalyptic bits. Better to be sobered by the prospects of a devastated planet than to be blissfully clueless...

I was a bit taken when I heard some of the kids gasp when they saw some of that. Of course, they could have been loud sighs of boredom.

Oh, the short before the movie is hysterical as usual. I love Pixar shorts.

My nephews totally "got" it and they did find it sobering. And they also loved the movie. It was very sobering, but it was also charming and sweet and moving and a masterpiece of animation.
Yeah. The stuff in outer space was just amazing. Plus, FRED WILLARD!

Even the guy at the Apple Genius Bar told me he cried and saw it twice last weekend. So I went last night with friends and none of us could figure out what was so special to invoke a tear.

It was cute and all that, but far from the emotive heart wrenching "classic" I think I set myself up to experience. I appreciated the opening sequence as it forces the view to WATCH; mostly dialogue-free, there is a charm evoking back to the silent films which I love where the action is the plot and characters are developed by what they do and not what they say. In that regard, I could hear many kids in the audience complaining because they couldn't follow along what was happening and were asking parents to explain it to them. Very sad realization that these kids couldn't just watch and follow along.

I think the overall message was a bit preachy as well.

I know next nothing about this movie, but from many of the comments it sounds like Bambi for the 21st century.

Nah - there is no "tragic loss" so-to-speak...

I'm assuming the weepy moments are the ones of love, but I wasn't feel'n it. It was just "cute."

We saw it yesterday with my (8 and 10 year old) nephews.

Go.

Rachel and I saw it on Sunday night, we both really liked it a lot. In fact in many ways I liked it better than Ratatouille, as detail oriented into foodieism as it was. Wall-E had just a better story and the character interaction was more memorable. That they could take non-living objects and make them emote like that was amazing. I wasn't expecting it to be a love story either.

The social commentary on the Walmartization of our culture and the trend towards a idle lifestyle was scary.