Helena, any nice eveningish sweaters in the latest Vogue Knitting?

i just vaguely remember there was something. But for really really cool stuff i would recommend Filatura di Crosa magazine: it comes out once a season as part of their yarn promotion (also a great stuff btw) and should be available in any upscalish yarn store.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for the person who recommended dental floss -- bad idea. Look at it closely: it is made up of fibers. They eventually disintigrate and shred apart. I know from experience as I beaded a bunch of earrings in the 80s on dental floss when I ran out of good beading floss. They lasted about a year...

I thought it also stretched.

But so does silk.... :D

I've got a degree in Jewelry and Metalsmithing which came out of a love of beading. At one point, I had a job that ate up all my time -- I was working 14 hours a day, six and seven days a week. Because there was still a creative bug inside me, I started taking knitting classes.

Now THAT is a hideous addiction that has kept me from my jewelry bench and I am trying to break the addiciton. How many of us buy way more supplies than we can ever use???

I am guilty of owning more supplies than I'll ever get through. I have yards and yards of gorgeous fabrics that I feel intimidated by because of their beauty. How could I cut into them? :D

I have a heavy and overflowing storage container filled with needles, findings, threads, small tools, loose freshwater pearls, beads, etc. Worse, I have a stack of catalogs to purchase more of these items! I've even saved the previous year's catalogs, so I must own up to being a bit of a pack rat....

Sadly, I cannot locate any upscale yarn stores around here anymore. There was one that I found several years ago. I walked in one Saturday afternoon and stared and touched so many differnt yarns marvelling at their quality with my mind quickly filling up with a zillion project ideas for each one. I got out of there before it could seriously hurt my bank account.

Yeah, a lot of their "one-offs''are on cones here, as well...I have all these cones of boucle stuff that i bought for collars and such, but they'd make great scrarves this year...the black turtleneck I'm working on is two strands held together, and has a boucle-like textured hand, that almost feels like cotton, even tho it's wool....

I bought a bunch of cones-ends of Poet, another textured yarn of theirs, that just has to be put together...half-done, but it needs an edging of single-crochet, and I don't even have a crochet hook! It was an Adrienne Vittadini fitted-jacket pattern from about 6 years ago.... :D

I bought a pom pom maker on the way home - just a pair of plastic donut-shaped thingies, through which yarn is wound, cut and tied - and made one to top Mister Jack's hat. SO cute! The kitties were panting to grab it and run off...

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be flying to Florida Thursday night. Will I be able to carry on my needlepoint needle. It has a blunt tip, of course, but will I be able to convince the "authorities" that it is not a weapon of mass destruction, keeping in mind that they once confiscated a nail clipper because of the little file attached.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...