What's the Worst Song Ever?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrie.

Darling.

You know I care about you. Deeply.

But please, please, do not mention the brilliant Nick Cave in the same post as that awful dirge.

Thanking you kindly.

I guess you didn't care for the whole album of Murder Ballads that he did, huh? A WHOLE album's worth! Classic murder ballads and new ones that they wrote!

Then you can keep the bit about not confusing her breasts with mountains, which is of course a literal translation of the original. (Bored, me?)

That line always jars me. Then, I think, yeah, but they are taut little hills.

Right. Honest, self-deprecating, descriptive, almost poetic - and for once captured by a faithful translation.

I realize this is really too obscure to count, but you haven't heard bad till you've listened to David Hasslehoff's "The Night Rocker"

0jIxjNfBqds

"We Built This City" and "Seasons in the Sun" pretty awful. There was this new wave song called "Escalator of Life" by Robert Hazard that is up there too.

I'll see your "Seasons in the Sun" and raise you a "Billy Don't Be A Hero."

A third vote for "Seasons in the Sun." This has come up before and Wilfrid always reminds us that the song was written by Jacques Brel. So what? It's awful. As is "Billy" - it provoked an automatic station change whenever I heard it in the car.

The 1970s were a Golden Age of Crap. In previous threads like this I submitted the Sylvers "Fly Robin Fly," a song which will live in infamy. But there were so many more. Today's entry - The Bell's "Stay Awhile."

Into my room he creeps

Without making a sound

Into my dreams he peeps

With his hair all long and hanging down

How he makes me quiver

How he makes me smile

With all this love I have to give him

I guess I'm gonna stay with him awhile

If you're brave, you can listen to it

I owned the album :ph43r: ....I spent my early teen years (which were in the 70's) buying each one of the horrific cheese bombs mentioned here...I can't believe no one has mentioned "Indian Want Me" by R.Dean Taylor....Actually, I quite liked that one....

I owned the album :ph43r: ....I spent my early teen years (which were in the 70's) buying each one of the horrific cheese bombs mentioned here...

Were you able to kick the habit on your own or did you need a 12 step program?

I owned the album :ph43r: ....I spent my early teen years (which were in the 70's) buying each one of the horrific cheese bombs mentioned here...

I discovered California rock, and that helped, kinds like methadone....Altho there were some who thought the Poco obsession bordered on another ailment...Then I veered into punk, and it seemed to straighten me out...

I still have my "disk-go-case" with most of those 45's tho...Oh yeah, another one for the list "I Will Feel You", by the Addressi Bros., who I think were producers for Bread, or someone like that...

I discovered California rock, and that helped, kinds like methadone....Altho there were some who thought the Poco obsession bordered on another ailment.

I was a huge Buffalo Springfield fan and gravitated to Poco too along with CSN. I'm unrepentant.

After all, it could be worse. We could be Abba fans.

I discovered California rock, and that helped, kinds like methadone....Altho there were some who thought the Poco obsession bordered on another ailment...Then I veered into punk, and it seemed to straighten me out...

I still have my "disk-go-case" with most of those 45's tho...Oh yeah, another one for the list "I Will Feel You", by the Addressi Bros., who I think were producers for Bread, or someone like that...

Oh jeez, shouldn't something by Bread be on here? Like, "Baby I'm-a Want You"...

I discovered California rock, and that helped, kinds like methadone....Altho there were some who thought the Poco obsession bordered on another ailment.

I was a huge Buffalo Springfield fan and gravitated to Poco too along with CSN. I'm unrepentant.

After all, it could be worse. We could be Abba fans.

First of all, I still think Poco is one of the greatest bands ever (before everyone left...) and Buffalo Springfield' Greatest hits is one of my favorite albums (yes, AL:BUMS!!!) of all time.. Of course, I also have the CD....

Has "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" been mentioned yet?

HEY! Stop right there...

Gordon Lightfoot helped my kick my 70's addiction....Of course, he had jumped the shark by the time that album came out, but I love that song...When I was up on the UP, on the Great Lakes, I kept hearing, "Superior, its said, never gives up her dead, when the winds of November start early..."