Walk into Death & Co. (if you can get in) and then walk into the Cherry Lounge or whatever that frat bar is called up the block, and then tell me there's no difference between the reasons people go to Serious Cocktail Lounges and frat bars.

One has a liquor license and the other is a menace to the EV? ;)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think serious cocktail lounges are really just excuses for people to sit around on divans in faux-Victorian surroundings. If there's one thing I find socially irresponsible, it's excessive cushioning.

Walk into Death & Co. (if you can get in) and then walk into the Cherry Lounge or whatever that frat bar is called up the block, and then tell me there's no difference between the reasons people go to Serious Cocktail Lounges and frat bars.

P(alcoholic | can purchase $16 drinks) < P(alcoholic | can purchase $3 drinks)

I'm joking about this, obviously. Consuming alcohol is one reason people drink cocktails, but obviously not the only reason. Same thing with food and nutrition.

I really appreciate the science behind a good cocktail. There's a certain level of balance in flavor that needs to be achieved, a specific sized ice cube often is required for best results, there are specific ways to shake or stir to yield best results, high quality ingredients (fresh juices as opposed to mixes) and good quality spirits need to be used - and that's probably not even half of it. Lots of thought is given to the quality product that comes out of places like Death&Co, PDT, Pegu, etc.. Many people on this board are aware of this and enjoy the end result. I am one of them. My name is spaetzle and I'm not an alcoholic.