2008 Olympics in Beijing

Starting to fall into deep Olympics hibernation. I've been watching the Universal Sports channel (it's buried in the high triple digits in my cable service) which has been showing the trials 24-7.

Gotta say, my favorite type of bodies belongs to the volleyball guys (tall, light on their feet, and not too bulky) and the water polo guys (mile wide shoulders, elegant musculature, long limbs).

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A series of photographs of Olympians by Nadar Kandar (for Powerade ads). I make no comment on the physiques but the photos are pretty amazing.

Rower turned cyclist Rebecca Romero.

article-1041069-022746a300000578-228_468x286.jpg

Triple jumper Phillips Odowu.

article-1041069-0227481c00000578-152_468x333-300x213.jpg

Swimmer Gregor Tate.

article-1041069-0227477800000578-874_468x286-300x183.jpg

A series of photographs of Olympians by Nadar Kandar (for Powerade ads). I make no comment on the physiques but the photos are pretty amazing.

Rower turned cyclist Rebecca Romero.

article-1041069-022746a300000578-228_468x286.jpg

that can't be comfortable. or sanitary.

Gotta say, my favorite type of bodies belongs to the volleyball guys (tall, light on their feet, and not too bulky) and the water polo guys (mile wide shoulders, elegant musculature, long limbs).

You need to meet some rowers. They're not called crew gods for nothing.

On the flip side, I'd have to go with the female pole vaulters - muscular but not too bulky and with incredible shoulders and backs. (cue the inevitable pole jokes)

Only tangenitally related, but did anyone else see this gem on YouTube?

What's the opposite of a banner ad - a footer ad? Anyway a footer ad obscured the first 30 seconds of the subtitle lyrics. You can never ignore the capitalism! :lol:

Is it just me or is anyone else tired of the Olympics already?

With all the media hype, I find myself bored already. The Olympics are boring enough without having to read, listen and watch the promos a month before it starts.

At least we who live in NYC were spared the debacle of 2012 Games.

One final thought - if anyone thinks that the Olympics are still about amateur athletes, please read the profiles of the competitors and the training schedule.

Is it just me or is anyone else tired of the Olympics already?

With all the media hype, I find myself bored already. The Olympics are boring enough without having to read, listen and watch the promos a month before it starts.

One final thought - if anyone thinks that the Olympics are still about amateur athletes, please read the profiles of the competitors and the training schedule.

I have been gobbling up everything I can...It inspired my quadrennial return to the pool....I first started swimming during the Matt Biondi era, a tue credit to his gender! :blush:

omos a month before it starts.

You have no idea how lucky you are!! Yes, Vancouver is very lucky to have the Olympics in 2010, and yes, I watched the announcement live on TV and roared with happiness......then i wanted to buy a place......Housing prices have gone up exponentially in the city and in my neighborhood the rents have doubled in 3 years because of the Olympics. People are looking at subletting their condos and homes for thousands and thousands of dollars for 2 weeks. My home is going to be right in the middle of a high security area. But, I guess the upside, I can walk to any medal ceremony (they will be free, at least that is the word now). I don't know if this will be a curse for our economy or a blessing. I guess we wait and see. Be glad you're not having to live through it.

omos a month before it starts.

You have no idea how lucky you are!! Yes, Vancouver is very lucky to have the Olympics in 2010, and yes, I watched the announcement live on TV and roared with happiness......then i wanted to buy a place......Housing prices have gone up exponentially in the city and in my neighborhood the rents have doubled in 3 years because of the Olympics. People are looking at subletting their condos and homes for thousands and thousands of dollars for 2 weeks. My home is going to be right in the middle of a high security area. But, I guess the upside, I can walk to any medal ceremony (they will be free, at least that is the word now). I don't know if this will be a curse for our economy or a blessing. I guess we wait and see. Be glad you're not having to live through it.

Amen, brother, amen.

With all the media hype, I find myself bored already.

I used to love the Olympics, but this year I have hardly any interest. An Olympic competition every two years is twice as much as we need.