2008 Olympics in Beijing

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what they should have shown in prime time? Ronda Rousey winning the bronze in judo. I saw her in the trials and she was incredibly impressive. Dominating. And she's perfect prime time fodder. She's young, has a compelling story, and she had a genuine gold medal shot for the first time in women's judo. She deserves the exposure, and it could have done wonders for the sport, to have it in prime time.

That does sound like terrific viewing. Think I'll try to find it online somewhere.

Thanks.

As you might have gathered I'm not really an Olympics type person, but that 100 metres has to be something else. Bloody hell, the guy only ran 80 metres before easing up, and he came from behind.

Was there nothing we could be shown except two plus hours' worth of the marathon? How 'bout cutting away to show some other event? Even if it's a taped event? Show us the range of the Olympic experience - all the different sports and competitions.

Phelps may have Marfan Syndrome

As did Joey Ramone & Robert Johnson, among others.

First I've heard of this. Damn but that's something to have to live with.

One of the things that stood out to me in the article is that he was diagnosed with ADD. Sports turned out to be the outlet he needed, rather than drugs.

One of the things that stood out to me in the article is that he was diagnosed with ADD. Sports turned out to be the outlet he needed, rather than drugs.

Phelps roots for the Baltimore Ravens?

That's fatal.

I was intrigued by this: "A recent study found that his muscles contain just two-thirds the lactic acid of other swimmers at the end of a race."

I also want to know what kind of pizza Phelps favors. Did he spend weeks tasting & comparing all the pizza in Ann Arbor to find the absolute best, or does he just pop a DiGiorno in the oven?

He's got a huge pizza endorsement deal in his future if he plays his cards right.

As you might have gathered I'm not really an Olympics type person, but that 100 metres has to be something else. Bloody hell, the guy only ran 80 metres before easing up, and he came from behind.

This Bolt chap looks as if he could be quite fast if he took up the 100 meters seriously.

I found his showboating obnoxious and disrespectful.

Tyson Gay, though, what a stand up guy. No excuses. Not at the trials when he didn't make the 200m because of a pulled hamstring. Not in the Olympics when he failed to make the finals. He was obviously not 100%, but he didn't complain and didn't use it as an excuse.