vegetable use-up

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am drowning in vegetables. Not that this is a bad thing mind you.   Anyway this morning I used up a bunch of borderline stuff and made a big pot of ratatouille.   Keep the ideas coming...I am

You could change all that...

FYI a bartender pal has just whispered to me that if you want to freeze cucumber water/juice for ice cubes it is best to dilute it with an equal amount of water, 'freezes better, makes nicer cubes'.

Presumably because cucumber juice has stuff in it that lowers its freezing point

below 0C. Pure, undiluted juice would likely lead to slush rather than solid cubes.

FYI a bartender pal has just whispered to me that if you want to freeze cucumber water/juice for ice cubes it is best to dilute it with an equal amount of water, 'freezes better, makes nicer cubes'.

Presumably because cucumber juice has stuff in it that lowers its freezing point

below 0C. Pure, undiluted juice would likely lead to slush rather than solid cubes.

Aha -- like watermelon purée/juice!