2008 College Football

Kicks off tonight at 8 pm EDT with South Carolina vs. NC State.

Alabama won't be in the National Championship picture this year. But, the program is finally moving in a positive direction.

How about your team?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usc plays ohio state in their second game. i don't know how good the trojans are this year, but i do hope they'll knock the buckeyes out of the national championship game nice and early.

in other news, notre dame has lined up a schedule full of patsies. what will happen to charlie weis when they still barely crack .500?

UL plays Kentucky on Sunday. Let's see if Kargthorpe can get this team back on track. he inherited a BCS Bowl team and immediately led them to a 6-6 season last year.

Solely because of Bobby Petrino, I want Arkansas to lose every game this year.

Bama plays Clemson in Atlanta Saturday night. I honestly don't know what to think. We've got some mighty good players this year (keep an eye on Julio Jones and BJ Scott and Andre Smith). They're projecting a tight game (line is Clemson -5). And, Clemson is being talked about for the National Championship. Sure would be fun to take some of the air out of their sails with a Bama win.

And, Mongo, I'm with you on OSU going down.

people are saying usc's defense is largely back, but we lost a lot to the draft this year: replacing keith rivers, lawrence jackson and sedrick ellis is not going to be easy, or sam baker on the o line (to name only the four 1st round picks); we also lost our one decent cornerback. and in mark sanchez we have a quarterback who hasn't taken very many snaps in the last few years. sitting behind him is mitch mustain. you sec fans must remember him.

i think this is the year usc goes down in the pac-10. but then i've said that a number of times.

Cal seems more Cal than usual this year. After last year's implosion, I'm leery of optimism, though Riley beat out Longshore at QB so there's that. Serious contenders, no. But maybe another Holiday Bowl berth.

Are you nuts? I'm afraid to even whisper "Go Bears" in this thread after my enthusiasm last fall...

(if you attend the game Saturday, listen for our friend with the boom box blasting the sound of a chainsaw toward the tree-sitters. Yes, he borrowed the idea from my husband.)

I am watching Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso now. I am preparing for a long day on the sofa working the remote control with precision and dexterity. In a moment I am off to the supermarket to purchase food and beverage to sustain me through the day of watching college football.

Now, the question is what are the ideal foodstuffs for the inaugural saturday of the college football season? It must be delicious, not good for me, can be prepared quickly during commercial breaks or halftime, and vary enough to not get boring over 6-7 hours of grazing. Not an easy task my friend.

I will report back.

I am watching Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso now. I am preparing for a long day on the sofa working the remote control with precision and dexterity. In a moment I am off to the supermarket to purchase food and beverage to sustain me through the day of watching college football.

Now, the question is what are the ideal foodstuffs for the inaugural saturday of the college football season? It must be delicious, not good for me, can be prepared quickly during commercial breaks or halftime, and vary enough to not get boring over 6-7 hours of grazing. Not an easy task my friend.

I will report back.

I'm doing the same thing.

Tonight though, before the Bama game, tradition demands the opening of a good bottle of wine...red of course ;) .

I will report back.

to be on the safe side, i keep a pot of lard bubbling all day.

and speaking of lard, one of the highlights of the minnesota state fair this year was salt studded, chocolate covered bacon. pretty good, actually. and shouldn't be too hard to rustle up during commercials.

let me get my sec bashing off to an early start.

nice to see that sec heavyweights have scheduled suitable first game opponents: lsu plays appalachian state, georgia plays georgia southern, auburn plays lousiana-monroe

I will report back.

I'm doing the same thing.

Tonight though, before the Bama game, tradition demands the opening of a good bottle of wine...red of course ;) .

I am going to follow your lead on that one. I've got a nice Ogier Cote Rotie that is going to pair nicely with the assortment of sausages that I am going to grill this evening.

For the day games, I swung by the bbq joint I like and picked up a full slab, a 1/2 chicken, rib tips in hot sauce, and red beans & rice. Ale-8-1 to drink. Soon to switch over to Shiner Bock or Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA, or both.

let me get my sec bashing off to an early start.

nice to see that sec heavyweights suitable first game opponents: lsu plays appalachian state, georgia plays georgia southern, auburn plays lousiana-monroe

Guess Bama avoids your wrath (at least this week, maybe not next when they face Tulane) since we play #9 Clemson.