Social networking on the web

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this morning's San Francisco Chronicle, Twitter is apparently big in the Foodie circles.

Seriously, folks; how life-changing is it to know that Ruth Reichl ate a meal with Alice Waters INSTANTANEOUSLY? What I find amusing is this statement: "Some say that logging the minutiae of the day - and assuming the world cares enough to read it - seems incredibly narcissistic. But due to Twitter's instantaneous nature, users can post links to interesting articles, breaking news, blogs or recipes, and share restaurant recommendations immediately."

It has made me realize how sadly self-obsessed the food community has become; to HAVE TO KNOW breaking news immediately? Its just food, people... Sheesh. :blink: :blink: :blink:

It has made me realize how sadly self-obsessed the food community has become; to HAVE TO KNOW breaking news immediately? Its just food, people... Sheesh. :blink: :blink: :blink:

shh, Carrie, you're endangering your Core Membership...

Thinking about this for a few minutes, I realize that Squeat NEEDS to start a Twitter account so that he can post his nose-blowing. It would SO fit in with the rest of the Foodie postings, huh? Heck, he'll probably win a James Beard award for it!

Thinking about this for a few minutes, I realize that Squeat NEEDS to start a Twitter account so that he can post his nose-blowing. It would SO fit in with the rest of the Foodie postings, huh? Heck, he'll probably win a James Beard award for it!

This reminded me that I actually have a Twitter account. I made exactly one entry on October 11, 2007. It reads: "Signing up on Twitter". There you go.

BTW I farted again. kthxbye cul8tr

ETA: Can I just get cash instead of the award?

An old gfriend from 10+ years ago contactected me this weekend via FB. "Hey Dave, is that you? How you been?"

Trouble.

I foolishly answered her and said life was great. How you been? 10 year old exes don't contact people when " all is well" for them.

An old gfriend from 10+ years ago contactected me this weekend via FB. "Hey Dave, is that you? How you been?"

Trouble.

I foolishly answered her and said life was great. How you been? 10 year old exes don't contact people when " all is well" for them.

I like to lend a sympathetic ear and have a hard time saying no to people when they ask for help, especially for a short term, simple problem.

But if someone comes back into my life to drain me emotionally, cause problems or suck up a lot of my time, well, DELETE!