You Know It's Time To Leave The Country When...........

How come American political discussion is censored but UK isn't?

We don't censor, we perform acts of moderation.

It's often hard to recognize UK political discussion since it's so dry & veiled.

Finally, some of us are a little preoccupied with tropical storms laying waste to our homes right now.

Sending you another deluge, ghostie. Real roof-pounder. You should get it in about ten minutes. Pass the word to Daisy. Maybe she ought to head for the roof....

I had new siding and gutters installed last week. The gutters are working very well, so far...

This is intense. And I am mindful that we aren't getting the worst of it, two big swaths of PA got 5 inches of rain today. We're at half that right now, at least here in Bergen where I am.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because the real intent of that guideline is to prevent shouting matches between people who don't like being disagreed with, and british politics doesn't get these people excited.

because the real intent of that guideline is to prevent shouting matches between people who don't like being disagreed with, and british politics doesn't get these people excited.

Saint Margaret, the Iron Lady, seemed to get a reaction, I'd say.

Saint Margaret, the Iron Lady, seemed to get a reaction, I'd say.

Bringing in religion as well. :rolleyes:

"disaster for amir khan"

k1hLX9j1gEg

I take no pleasure in the exposure of Khan, he is one of the first elite sportsmen from Britain's Pakistani community and very important. I take huge delight in Frank Warren losing his paper chinned golden goose particularly when they had the cheek to put this fight on PPV.

What do they say, you can't put muscles on a chin in the gym

Slapsie

• 2 weeks later...
That evil witch. I cannot wait for her to die. I only wish I believed in Hell, because she surely deserves to burn in it.

It's often hard to recognize UK political discussion since it's so dry & veiled.

Remind me not the get on the wrong side of any heated and naked US political discussion.

You go to six pubs and not one can serve a drinkable pint.

England can play 45 mins against the mighty Andorra and not score a goal

Guy Ritchie can be given money to make another film

The best thing on TV on a Saturday night involves Graham Norton and ballroom dancing

Will the last one to leave the country please turn out the lights?

Slapsie

Apparently, I could see all that coming twelve years ago. :cool:

Although I'd have to add something about cricket games being played over a period of twenty minutes or so by people wearing pajamas.