Autumn '08

In true Napa Valley fashion, we went from 39 the other morning with a high of about 70 that day, to 50 overnight last night with a high of, oh, I don't know, about 90 today.

It's not exactly like they say about Australia where if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes and it will change. Here it's more like, to paraphrase Sting, you can get all 4 seasons in 1 week.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Golden leaves and honking geese in the air already.

No peaches at my town's little Farmers' Market today.

I just ate the second-to-last peach from the crop I bought last week.

Sigh.

(I don't know where else to post this as the "Depressing" thread has taken a really heavy turn & the end of peach season seems trivial in comparison.)

Over 80F in the City today. Ugh -- why, god, why?

Dog days.

(By which I mean I had to be out in the heat running around with the damn racing dog when I could have been sitting naked in front of the fan in the relatively less hot kitchen, weeping.)

i'm guessing the dog prefers running around to watching you weep naked.

Dog days.

(By which I mean I had to be out in the heat running around with the damn racing dog when I could have been sitting naked in front of the fan in the relatively less hot kitchen, weeping.)

i'm guessing the dog prefers running around to watching you weep naked.

I'm guessing almost everyone does.

Actually, even he pooped out earlier than usual. Came home and drank about six gallons of water and is now completely slumped over in his bed in the kitchen.

Dog days.

It's hot in Chicago too. My friend (? :huh: ) played these songs today:

Edited by Squeat Mungry
[Edited by consensus of the admins]

I just caved and put on the AC. It may be only 68F but the humidity is 93%. And I have five people coming for dinner at 7:30 and the first course, a pizza, necessitates preheating the oven at 500F plus for an hour. And don't even ask what my hair looks like.

I just caved and put on the AC. It may be only 68F but the humidity is 93%. And I have five people coming for dinner at 7:30 and the first course, a pizza, necessitates preheating the oven at 500F plus for an hour. And don't even ask what my hair looks like.

Been thinking about that all day. (Yes, what your hair looks like. :lol: ) This humidity makes you want to crawl out of your skin.