Vanessa

The surrealism of everyday life

I adore Mimi’s and remember the Chicken man. My wife and I did the full Christmas Eve experience a while back. And if anyone care, Mimi’s is where I sang in public most recently ( October?), “Days of Wine and Roses,” and “Love is a Many Splendor’d Thing.”

People are just now coming back.

I think I did hear people requesting "Days of Wine and Roses," but only if sung with a British accent!

And I believe they'll let you sing at Arturo's.

Holy shit, Cats. Wow, just wow. I fell asleep, I woke up, I laughed until I almost cried. The kids next to us on mushrooms made it enjoyable

yeh, i mean, it was so bad, i can't stop thinking about it... This is an instant classic, it will go down as the worst movie ever made.. 

From the finance talking head on the news: warning about how you write the date.      DO NOT write the year as "20", as in 1/4/20 on documents as it gives scammers 100 choices for completing the date.   i.e., it can be backwritten to 2001 or postwritten to 2085. or....    Improbable but quite possible enormous financial consequences.k

From the finance talking head on the news: warning about how you write the date.      DO NOT write the year as "20", as in 1/4/20 on documents as it gives scammers 100 choices for completing the date.   i.e., it can be backwritten to 2001 or postwritten to 2085. or....    Improbable but quite possible enormous financial consequences.k

but so did "19"

but so did "19"

:huh: :huh: :huh:

My employer's standard is yyyy-mm-dd but back in the day it was dd-mm-yy which caused much confusion when reviewing older documents.

I think they did that in Excel, would be importing bond maturities in the 2020s and would come in as 1920s....whoops.

Three guys watching the game last night... My bar manager, my wife and myself are watching dumbfounded as this guy goes outside, gets a pizza delivered on seamless and then returns to his table of friends to eat the pizza...  I tell him, I can't have you eat that in here.. He gets upset, stands up and aggressively gets in my face, sorry for the confusion it won't happen next time.. I say, I don't know where the confusion came from, we are a bar and restaurant and you can't bring food in here, or eat that in here.  A few more back and forths and I am getting upset as he is rather persistent..  So,the 3  of them go outside and eat the pizza on the sidewalk. in like the freezing wind.... Stay for another 30 minutes and leave a note on the 50 dollar tab, "sorry, we aren't going to tip you, thank your boss for being an asshole"  on the ticket... As if they were going to give the bar staff some huge tip before any of this happened... we tipped both bartenders 20 dollar each and called it a day.. But, I really have never spoken to someone so entitled, it was amazing. 

That's what happens to people when they watch that exhibition - they develop brain seizures.

He must work for the NY Times editorial department - can't make a decision.