Vanessa

The surrealism of everyday life

I love my wife and cats, but there's a reason why I never took remote-only jobs.  I miss going into the office and interacting with people.  I miss even going to the coffee place in the lobby.  I'm just way too restless to stay at home all of the time. 

If I were still in my NYC apartment or our little San Jose condo I'd be going even more nuts right now.

• Like 1

6edf5c7a26f5945b06a0f4d8dc6d3b44.gif

This might've been the episode leading to my enlightenment to always have a spare pair of glasses around! Burgess!!

So I went looking for the symptoms of coronavirus infection, cuz hey you never know.

On the CDC website, there's a preliminary list of warning signs, and then another list of symptoms that, if you have them, mean you should immediately seek treatment.

Among the latter -- the symptoms requiring immediate medical attention -- is "new confusion or inability to arouse".

It seems cruel to me, when addressing a disease that is especially of concern to Older Americans, to list as a serious symptom circumstances that to us are just features of everyday life.

• Like 1

It seems like supply chains for most food items are still working...

Except for flour. No flour, anywhere. White, baking, whatever. Or yeast.

the grocery stores around me have some weird stuff. I don’t normally shop at the one around the corner but I doubt that 80% of the cheese was kosher a few months ago.

I just saw most of my high school friends on zoom, which was both wonderful and terrifying.

49718125256_26c0be09d1_z.jpg

49718125226_d6f980cd33_z.jpg

49717591858_ee973cb774_z.jpg

I got the exact same DM from Pink Pig’s scam Instagram account. They opened a scam account under pinkpignycc (they added an extra c). That certainly was surreal.

I got the exact same DM from Pink Pig’s scam Instagram account. They opened a scam account under pinkpignycc (they added an extra c). That certainly was surreal.

I just got the 50 k! I saw all your names on the list!

• Like 1

I saw it when I woke up.  My wife had already reported it.  It seems to have been taken down already.

i was hoping that we were going to talk about jesus