Vanessa

The surrealism of everyday life

There is a relative boom in camgirl business, interactive as opposed to passive images/video.

Or so I have read.

2765126361_4e134f98bb_o.gif

Actually I don't think that's true at all, and I have the data. 

• Like 1

No surprise that liquor stores are booming. The owner of one in the East Village told me business is up over 300 percent.

In the course of getting my kitchen ready for Passover I've discovered that I have 2 boxes of food coloring.

Turns out the food coloring came in handy. The boy needed it for his science module today. Seems that during the lesson he decided to interrupt and explain how liquids differ in density.

We snagged a 12 pk of TP at a village store en route to the country.     Opened it and were overcome by the smell of cheap perfume.    Too late noticed that wrapper was makred "scented". Waited until this morning to deal with it, hoping it might fade.    Nope.    Laid all the rolls on the deck table to sun and air.

Am chuckling as I contemplate locals driving by and sneering, "Those people are SO ostentatious!"

• Like 1

The UPS truck with a delivery from Browne Trading arrives at the same time as the Fedex truck with a box from Dartagnan.  Sorry @cinghiale

A week ago, or so, I splashed boiling oil on my right thumb and up wrist, resulting in huge liquid filled blisters.    Thought, well THIS is going to take a while to heal.    But they quickly burst and instead of festering, healed quickly.    No signs of the injury now.   Thanks to multi-dousing with hand sanitizer?    Who knew?

Every night I dip into a bowl filled with restaurant matchboxes to grab some matches to light my dining room candles.

Last night, to my surprise, I pulled up a matchbox from Robert's, the at one time surprisingly good steakhouse located in the Penthouse Executive Club.  I have at most a vague recollection of ever having gone there, but I guess I must have.

It seems only appropriate that when struck, the match failed to ignite.

2 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Every night I dip into a bowl filled with restaurant matchboxes to grab some matches to light my dining room candles.

Living well.

Tonight Lucullus dines with Lucullus.

Now, EVERY night Lucullus dines with Lucullus.

• Like 1

I got an email today announcing the release of an album by an ensemble featuring some fully formed adult who appeared to be -- and who research disclosed is -- Nenah Cherry's daughter.

Research further disclosed that this person has a daughter who's a teenager.

That's right:  Nenah Cherry is the grandmother of a teenage girl.

BTW, I've never seen this noted anywhere, but FUN FACT:  the awful early '90s TV series South Beach featured both Joe Butler's daughter and Don Cherry's son.  It also featured, in an elder role, Patti D'Arbanville.

It was like the '60s redux.

• Like 1