The surrealism of everyday life

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

There were always vultures circling over my parents' retirement community in West Boca.

I found that very disturbing.

Same cruising our block, but the vultures are real estate agents looking for a listing.   

10 hours ago, mitchells said:

What's the difference between a vulture and a Jewish mother? 😚

One waits until you're dead to eat your heart out?

7 hours ago, AaronS said:

I saw a hawk like that kill a whole family of songbirds that were living in the church across the street from my old place in park slope.

Hawks gonna be hawks, but the red tail kills on the ground, so maybe it was a different species.

• Like 1

Son was boggled to learn his 6yr old had figured out how to put items in an Amazon cart.   Fortunately he hasn’t their password.   The amazing thing is that his kids had never been allowed access to computers until home schooling began in April.   
Teach them to read and give them a computer...

1 hour ago, voyager said:

Son was boggled to learn his 6yr old had figured out how to put items in an Amazon cart.   Fortunately he hasn’t their password.   The amazing thing is that his kids had never been allowed access to computers until home schooling began in April.   

My daughter, same age, managed to add a $50 case of freeze dried mango to a fresh direct order without us realizing. We ate it all so...shrug. She is well aware now not to go on Amazon but she's gotten good at finding word searches and coloring pages online to print. Not to mention weekly group video calls with various friends from school, camp, and preschool. Also never used electronics until lockdown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Some friends' 6 year old son had his dad's password and ran up $900 in charges for Minecraft accessories.

My son frequently comes to me and asks"what's your password" as he's noodling around the App store. I keep telling him we're not buying anything.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, voyager said:

The growth of their comfort level since last April is amazing. We set up some FaceTime playdates with this group of friends last spring and the kids were completely uninterested so the grown-ups ending up chatting. Now, they call each other with regularity. First thing my son said to me when he walked in this afternoon was "I have a zoom with J & A after I finish my homework." They are total digital natives.

• Like 1