The surrealism of everyday life

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tubbs said:

I noticed that not only is the new iteration of 69 Leonard $420 per person (service included), there is a 72 hour full-charge cancellation fee. 

Yes, but you get your fish touched by someone who once ran the second counter at Saito!

p.s. Ichimura is also the same price and that's genuinely surreal.

6 hours ago, Orik said:

Yes, but you get your fish touched by someone who once ran the second counter at Saito!

p.s. Ichimura is also the same price and that's genuinely surreal.

He used to be the chef at 69 Leonard a few iterations ago right? I enjoyed Nakaji at a somewhat lower price point though the extra special strawberries from Japan for dessert couldn't hold a candle to the ones we picked in NJ last week. 

10 hours ago, Tubbs said:

I noticed that not only is the new iteration of 69 Leonard $420 per person (service included), there is a 72 hour full-charge cancellation fee. 

I don't find this kind of penalty unreasonable.   If you can afford/pay $420 per head for a meal/evening, you should dang well have your ducks in a row to the extent that this requirement is no problem.    Change your mind?   Tough.   Drank too much the night before?   Not their problem.   Death in the family?    Call them.   Provide the death certificate and they'll probably refund your deposit.

You'd be amazed (or not), but more than a few people make such reservations using disposable credit card numbers, leaving the restaurant with empty seats, dead fish, and no recourse. 

52 minutes ago, Orik said:

You'd be amazed (or not), but more than a few people make such reservations using disposable credit card numbers, leaving the restaurant with empty seats, dead fish, and no recourse. 

It would be interesting to hear about what else they do  Or how they became so entitled. 

Bromakase doesn't have a corner on this personality.  I've had as many meals diminished by the idiots at an adjacent table as by disappointing food.