The surrealism of everyday life

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

On 6/20/2021 at 10:14 PM, Sneakeater said:

Yeah.  And yet I'm still going next week.  Cuz I'm a sucker is why.

I'd be thrilled to find out it's actually good but it sure reads unlikely.

6 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I mean, I read the menu on their website and it pisses me off.

But but but...doesn't this make you happy?

Ortiz, a Dominican New Yorker who studied at Le Cordon Bleu, is taking a French approach to Mexican cooking. His a la carte and tasting menus include items like oxtail in mole, heritage chicken tamales, pork belly al pastor, and a soup based on elote. A small selection of tacos, made with squash blossom and crispy octopus, are priced between $16 to $22 each

46 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

But but but...doesn't this make you happy?

Ortiz, a Dominican New Yorker who studied at Le Cordon Bleu, is taking a French approach to Mexican cooking. His a la carte and tasting menus include items like oxtail in mole, heritage chicken tamales, pork belly al pastor, and a soup based on elote. A small selection of tacos, made with squash blossom and crispy octopus, are priced between $16 to $22 each

it'd be more exciting if the pricing was $19-33 a plate

• Like 1

6am in the country.   Go into bathroom , turn on tap.   Nada.   Zilch.   No water.   Call the county water dept.   Get surly answering service.   Help supposedly on the way.   Thank God I slovenly left dishpan of soapy water in sink last night.    Also for several gallons emergency drinking water.   Husband went up the hill and stole 10 gallons from a neighbor’s well house for flushing.   This place should be named “Gotcha Gulch”!    Fire or heat or cold or downed trees, now no water.  And our neighbor in town always calls out, “Have a relaxing time in the country!”

18 hours ago, voyager said:

Stephanie, hope this afternoon's earthquake was a gentle rock and nothing causing problems.   

I posted in the Supper thread (as a tangent to the basil discussion).  The epicenter was fairly close to me, so it was a strong shake (but blessedly short).  The TV on the wall went askew and we were all a bit spooked by it (the cats especially), since we hadn't experienced a tremor that strong.  But nothing fell and no damage, so all is good.  Thanks for checking in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, hollywood said:

Sometimes cats seem to have advance notice of quakes and will act a bit skittish before you feel anything.  Of course, they could also just be acting skittish.

Supposedly  many/most animals have sensitivity to early quake activity.    I listen up when birds get especially excited, not that they've ever given me warning.   

• Like 1

I would find our fat cat fast asleep on my legs whenever there was a quake strong enough to wake us up in Tokyo. I don't know if it was sleeping skittishly.