The surrealism of everyday life

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

I haven't eaten much at the food court but the stuff I had was bad.

ends meat has good sandwiches, and the thai place often has grilled meat on saturdays that's better than their usual proffer. hometown is probably the best thing in that complex. ends meat, table 87, and the burger joint usually have something worth drinking. ends meat usually has a good lager on tap.

24 minutes ago, AaronS said:

hometown is probably the best thing in that complex. ends meat, table 87, and the burger joint usually have something worth drinking. ends meat usually has a good lager on tap.

I remember you mentioning hometown. So I'm at Japan Mart, did some shopping, wanted Hometown. I go over to Hometown, I'm pulling on the door, knocking on the window, etc. etc. Who knew they were closed on Mondays and Tuesdays? That's when I slunk back in and ate bad food at the food court.

• 2 weeks later...

The stupid, ginormous refrigerator couldn't be moved out of our kitchen space, even when the doorframe was removed and even when they took the handles off.  Time and space must have been manipulated to get the thing in there.

The guys will try again tomorrow when they begin knocking down the wall separating the kitchen from the dining room.

• Confused 1
12 hours ago, StephanieL said:

The stupid, ginormous refrigerator couldn't be moved out of our kitchen space, even when the doorframe was removed and even when they took the handles off.  Time and space must have been manipulated to get the thing in there.

The guys will try again tomorrow when they begin knocking down the wall separating the kitchen from the dining room.

I've moved more refrigerators than I care to remember. Take the doors off, then it should fit and be lighter

• Like 1

Indeed.   As the demolition and installation goes forward it's a good idea to plan on doors and handles coming off every big piece.   We removed the front panel (that with dials and controls) from the Viking range to get it through doors.   Certainly on refrigerator and freezer. 

This commercial kitchen we're renovating has the largest combi oven ever made by Rational. It takes 440 volt, 3 phase power, can hold 500 lbs of food and is just too much for any purpose I can think of, and... it does not fit through the door. Even when disassembled to it's smallest components it doesn't. I called the guy who built the kitchen and he apparently was away while the oven was installed.

I think it's jigsaw time.

They were able to get it into the living room today once they cleared enough space.  Our new fridge isn't nearly as large.

Now I'm just being driven mad by the noise of them removing the flooring.  Should have gone into the office today.  Unfortunately, I have to stay here tomorrow because I have a few things to do locally.