The surrealism of everyday life

8 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

I think they might've served this at lunch once a week - when I was in grade school.

We got Elio's Pizza in grade school.

And when my sister was in grade school, her favorite after-school snack were those little cans of mushrooms.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

During the brief period when my daughter was a fussy eater, circa kindergarten, I used to feed her Russ & Daughters smoked salmon for breakfast because I knew she would eat it without the cajoling involved with eggs or cereal.

Complaint from the school about sending her with smelly fingers. 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 1:54 PM, small h said:

I discovered that you can't just type in rstle. Because THE MAN says it's not a word.

Yes. It would be even easier if you could type in random letters. It is interesting that Wordle is easy; it's surely because you can so quickly eliminate possibilities.

5 minutes ago, voyager said:

My mother was a health nut before it was a thing.    She used to send me to school with grated carrot salad sandwiches on Roman Meal bread.    Try trading one of those.

Nobody wanted my chicken roll on white either. 😄

17 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

Yes. It would be even easier if you could type in random letters. It is interesting that Wordle is easy; it's surely because you can so quickly eliminate possibilities.

Also because the solutions are all easy words (only about 2000 of them)

19 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

What's been your average solution level?

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Evelyn said:

🤢🤮 And they're making Cadbury Egg Mayo and Oreo Cookie Mayo

To be filed under the category of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

• Like 1