The surrealism of everyday life

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

On 9/13/2022 at 5:04 AM, Wilfrid said:

Mice are not going to hand around to watch the TV or admire the drapes. Just clean up. 

I feel strongly about this.

They'll happily chew though plastic bags to get to grain (or katsuobushi), and in a pinch they'll eat your books. 

In older houses it's mostly about finding holes and plugging them whenever mice find their way back in, but there's no amount of cleaning that will dissuade them from exploring. 

Eta: speaking of mice watching TV, that one time a mouse was walking across the living room not noticing us sitting quietly and watching it, and then giving the most cartoonish surprised look before running away was worth every mouse before it 

• Like 1

Filling holes isn't easy.   As I wrote above, they clawed through semi-set cement.   For small crevices we've used steel wool, which also worked for plugging the hole bats were using to access the attic in the country.    Son used expanding foam insulation.   

And, yes, I've surprised a mouse or two when they've ventured into a room where I've been silently reading.   They are completely gobsmacked.

2 hours ago, voyager said:

Filling holes isn't easy.   As I wrote above, they clawed through semi-set cement.   For small crevices we've used steel wool, which also worked for plugging the hole bats were using to access the attic in the country.    Son used expanding foam insulation.   

And, yes, I've surprised a mouse or two when they've ventured into a room where I've been silently reading.   They are completely gobsmacked.

We had to do the steel wool/mesh thing when we had a rat running around the crawl space under the house.