The surrealism of everyday life

If you're on hold with the USPS, you get your choice of music: contemporary, R&B/hip-hop, country, Latin, and "world beat".  While I don't like being on hold at all, I'd rather have that option than an endless loop of one or two songs.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, StephanieL said:

Yep, sounds like just another day on CA roads.

As she was saying, son, en route from town to country, due for dinner, just called to report that they were delayed for a second time because of a major vehicle dust-up, closing down routes in both directions.   The latest, on the delta was described by CHP as BOX TRUCK VS RED PICK-UP TRUCK VS GRAY SUV VS WHITE PICK-UP TRUCK VS 2ND WHITE BOX TRUCK.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So we're in the country.   My back has decided it's time for sciatica.    CRANKY!   Don't like standing up, sitting down and could swear that I did not sleep at all last night,    Was so uncomfortable that I was happily out of bed at 6am this morning. Husband asks what is easiest for me to make for breakfast.   ??????    Before I can answer, he suggests waffles,   (You gotta be kidding me!)   I counter with, "They'll be from Bisquik."    But we seem to be out of Bisquik.   So I grab a canister that says "Self Rising Flour", which I really don't know how to use.    Threw a cup of flour in a bowl, teaspoon of baking powder (since I had ho idea how old the SRF was), cup of milk, egg, splat of canola oil.    

-> heavenly light, super crispy waffles, some of the best I've ever made,    Go figure.

9 minutes ago, voyager said:

Husband asks what is easiest for me to make for breakfast.

And the word "reservations" never entered your mind?

Glad the waffles came out spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...