The surrealism of everyday life

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

Watching him recount the entire extortion scheme on his show tonight was truly surreal.

Reading the press accounts brings up the immediate question of whether having sex with someone can fairly be called an "affair" or "relationship." IIRC Dave, while admitting to having sex with people he worked with, never used either term.

Watching him recount the entire extortion scheme on his show tonight was truly surreal.

Reading the press accounts brings up the immediate question of whether having sex with someone can fairly be called an "affair" or "relationship." IIRC Dave, while admitting to having sex with people he worked with, never used either term.

he's dated co-workers/employees for all the years he's had his shows. maybe not the best idea when you're the boss, it's probably the only place where has a chance to meet women. his current wife was a staffer. he was in a relationship with the headwriter of his nbc shows for many many years. apparently, the fellow accused of the extortion is in a relationship with a woman who "had sex" with dave and figured he'd use all the dirt she knew. dave's tv confession was weird to watch because the audience clearly didn't understand he wasn't joking through most of the disclosure.

he's dated co-workers/employees for all the years he's had his shows. maybe not the best idea when you're the boss, it's probably the only place where has a chance to meet women. his current wife was a staffer. he was in a relationship with the headwriter of his nbc shows for many many years. apparently, the fellow accused of the extortion is in a relationship with a woman who "had sex" with dave and figured he'd use all the dirt she knew. dave's tv confession was weird to watch because the audience clearly didn't understand he wasn't joking through most of the disclosure.

Sex with people over whom you have control as an employer or important customer isn't fully consensual, in my book. This isn't a whole lot different than a professor excusing sex with students by arguing that school is one of the few places they can meet people...

Sex with people over whom you have control as an employer or important customer isn't fully consensual, in my book. This isn't a whole lot different than a professor excusing sex with students by arguing that school is one of the few places they can meet people...

There's always food boards.

There's always food boards.

i'm sure letterman is smart enough not to go that route