The surrealism of everyday life

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

Just when I thought Nicholas Cage couldn't get any crazier, I read this in NY Mag:

"I actually choose the way I eat according the way animals have sex." - Nicholas Cage

I thought everyone did.

Just when I thought Nicholas Cage couldn't get any crazier, I read this in NY Mag:

"I actually choose the way I eat according the way animals have sex." - Nicholas Cage

I thought everyone did.

mating.jpg

According to Eddie Izzard the two options are doggy-fashion or taking a fearful battering staggering upstream against fierce currents before spawning with one's dying breath.

According to Eddie Izzard the two options are doggy-fashion or taking a fearful battering staggering upstream against fierce currents before spawning with one's dying breath.

Or, if you're a marlin, you (the female) release your eggs into the ocean and you (the male) spew your sperm into the same general area, & you all hope for the best.

The evolutionary upshot of this scheme is that the female marlin generally grows to 4-5 times the size of the typical male marlin.

I could bring Hemingway in at this point but that's so obvious.

Cage likes to improvise. He once did a live TV interview in the UK with a woman presenter who happened to be wearing a red dress. He started responding with James Woods' lines from the interview scene in Videodrome. "That's a very stimulating dress. I'd really like to take you out to dinner," etc. Hilarious if you recognized what he was doing; creepy-weird if you didn't (the presenter didn't, and her face was as red as the dress).

I suspect eating animals who have dignified sex came from the same part of his brain.

Cage likes to improvise. He once did a live TV interview in the UK with a woman presenter who happened to be wearing a red dress. He started responding with James Woods' lines from the interview scene in Videodrome. "That's a very stimulating dress. I'd really like to take you out to dinner," etc. Hilarious if you recognized what he was doing; creepy-weird if you didn't (the presenter didn't, and her face was as red as the dress).

I suspect eating animals who have dignified sex came from the same part of his brain.

I liked Videodrome a lot. (is this thread drift? :blush: )

I liked Videodrome a lot. (is this thread drift? :blush: )

Surreal enough to qualify.

Piece on the local news this morning (WNYC) that apparently much of the Wall Street area was overrun by bees yesterday. According to the report, NYPD vacuumed them up and they were driven to and released somewhere in Connecticut.

I was working in my Wall Street office on Monday. I wish they would have done that to me.