The surrealism of everyday life

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

Are you questioning the restaurant or the grade? Some of that stuff can just be poor staff training (questionable?) but things like no hand sink? You can't open without that around here. What happened to the original inspection? (Not that I haven't seen a hand sink disappear after a place opens - "needed just one more piece of cooking equipment.")

Lots of top NYC restaurants got C ratings.

Corton.

Can't remember who else.

They all did what Sammuelson is doing: challenge the grade so they only have to put up a "Grade Pending" sign, and then eventually get it changed to an A.

I am teaching at a summer school and our accommodation is shared with a very large group of cheerleaders, aged 14-16.

Yesterday as we went to breakfast, one team of very buxom black girls were doing a vigorous routine in front of the dining hall -- I think the only group of black girls ---

a lot of the other teams (blonde, snooty) were hanging around studying them very carefully out of the corners of their eyes while pretending not to watch.

(could be the plot of a great teen movie actually, if it hasn't already been done)

Bring It On with one of my favorite pieces of eye candy - Eliza Dushku.

Remember a bit over a year ago when Chambo was lashing out at those buffoonish European leaders would were blaming Greece's problems on "wolfpack" speculators.

Remember when Chambo was playing the role of the Greek Oracle and freely floating financial info to you fine Mouthfuls folks in order ensure that you would make a fortune.

I now have an update for you: Close out all those unhedged, highly-levered positions now! Let's not get piggish. All the real money has been made. Mission accomplished.

Even Soros is now "kind of" coming around to where Chambo was long, long ago in a galaxy far far away. Although Soros is still in the "may be" camp:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Greek-Default-May-Be-cnbc-216084466.html;_ylt=AguTxVjumsRN6rCi5hXtL2m7YWsA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1NGtuYWYwBHBvcwM5BHNlYwN0b3BTdG9yaWVzBHNsawNncmVla2RlZmF1bHQ-?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=6&asset=&ccode=

The only other person who I know made out like a bandit on this one was Behemoth because he was all over it too. Congrats, Behemoth on your big score!

Europe better wake up and smell the financial coffee.

They are bafflingly blind to brutal financial reality. Wolfpacks, my ass.

I'm just grateful we have an inside connection here at MF to give us advance warning when this stuff comes up. Greece bankrupt..who knew?

(or were you mocking me ...)

Taking bets on how long CH will leave up this post:

"That's a really offensive response - both on behalf of the residents of Darrington and people from North Carolina. Really wish you would stick to the original poster's questions and stop spewing your xenophobia and ignorance."

Taking bets on how long CH will leave up this post:

"That's a really offensive response - both on behalf of the residents of Darrington and people from North Carolina. Really wish you would stick to the original poster's questions and stop spewing your xenophobia and ignorance."

My post? Gone. The offensive one? Still there. That was quick.