The surrealism of everyday life

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have threads for annoyances and what made us cheerful, but then there's those weird things that happen.....   My workplace is particularly fertile ground for the surreal. 2 current examples:

Yeah, me too.   As soon as I'm a real member, I'll upload a real avatar.   Or did you mean my sig?

You talkin' to me?

Posted Images

Not really surreal, but my grandfather died today. I never thought I'd care much if he died (he was an asshole to the nth degree), but when I had to tell my supervisor about it, I almost started to cry. (he was 100, and had declined steeply over the last week, so it wasn't unexpected)

My sympathies on your loss.

Not really surreal, but my grandfather died today. I never thought I'd care much if he died (he was an asshole to the nth degree), but when I had to tell my supervisor about it, I almost started to cry. (he was 100, and had declined steeply over the last week, so it wasn't unexpected)

My sympathies on your loss.

Thanks.

I was having dinner last night with these people Miss A does business with. There were six of them in total. Mostly from Venezuela, one guy from Columbia, one guy from Venezuala who lives in California. The guy was talking about the fact that he wanted to open his home as a charity event to the parents in his child's school. .He is a classically trained chef who now runs a very successful chocolate company. I told him that there are many underground supper clubs in NYC and most of them are people who open their homes and have strangers in.

He said, ah yes, we went to one in NYC several years ago, perhaps 6 or 7 years ago. He said, they had a wonderful time, they sat next to a bunch of line cooks who worked at Per Se. He said he had a wonderful time and that was where he got the idea to cook for people in his home.

I asked him if he happen to remember the name of the Supper Club. I thought he looked familiar.