This show is evil, I say. Evil.

I forgot it existed, then I read in the Times that it would be on. And could I resist it? No!

I kind of liked that they offed someone who hadn't even had a chance to unpack their bag yet. They definitely sent the right two people home, although that Patrick guy was cute. And nice.

Loved the guest judge. Let's hope that this season they stay on this level, and don't make us watch a bunch of assholes trying to make nutritious hospital cafeteria food out of three dollars worth of ingredients from Whole Foods.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ariane needs to pull herself together. She's getting on my nerves. The two European guys need to get a room.

I'm being sucked into the TC vortex.....there go my Wednesday nights.

Grant Achatz was a great guest judge - his observations and criticisms seemed very well thought out. It was interesting to see who got flustered by the change of plans in the quickfire. I'm sticking with my choice of Jamie from Team Rainbow. She totally rolled with it. And I'm still liking Gene - his makeshift grill was brilliant. I loved the Foo Fighters and their love of bacon! They seemed to really know their food too. What was up with Danny's beard on this episode? I know they film the interviews separately but on this episode he was shown (relatively) clean shaven, with a full beard and with a day or so growth.

A couple of my favorite scenes:

-the PYKAG guy from Team Rainbow getting all a-twitter about his bear icon, Tom C.

-Hosea talking about being adept at vegetarian/vegan cooking while wearing a shirt that said Bacon is a Vegetable.

Maybe not evil, just phoney and "written" like MTV's Real World. Like Project Runway, you never see anyone actually make anything and you get to see the final products for about 3 seconds. At least on Iron Chef you get an Alton Brown narrative of the actual preparations. Like I asked over on the Thanksgiving thread, how the hell did Ariane make "perfect" moist turkey for 60 people using only a few microwaves and toaster ovens? Sorry, I'm just not believing this. Bamboozling and insulting. :ph43r:

Maybe not evil, just phoney and "written" like MTV's Real World. Like Project Runway, you never see anyone actually make anything and you get to see the final products for about 3 seconds. At least on Iron Chef you get an Alton Brown narrative of the actual preparations. Like I asked over on the Thanksgiving thread, how the hell did Ariane make "perfect" moist turkey for 60 people using only a few microwaves and toaster ovens? Sorry, I'm just not believing this. Bamboozling and insulting. :ph43r:

It was just the turkey breast. Set the toaster oven to 400 and keep an eye on it. To brown it more, turn it to toast a few times. I used to cook things in the toaster oven in my old office and my grandma used to quite frequently use hers as an extra oven. Totally doable, but you have to know what you're doing.

Guest Aaron T

I saw the first three episodes over turkey weekend as I lack a cable subscription and will have to wait 3 weeks to see the next batch. I thought Lauren from Absinthe (the SF candidate) seemed great with her soups two episodes in a row.

I was confused as to why one person, perhaps Arianne, complained about having to do dessert when I thought they each got to choose and naturally ended up with 5 of apps, entrees and desserts. Doesn't make sense.