So many Exhibitions, So Little Time

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suggest a thread to mention interesting exhibitions you mean to attend.   Philip Pearlstein's retrospective at Monclair Art Museum, till Feb 1, 2009.   will add more later

here too   definitely planning to go.  

The Wallace Gallery at Columbia U. has a small show of works by Edward Koren, one of the cartoonists at The New Yorker. Interesting to see his evolution - as a student at CU, Koren worked on the humo

Posted Images

I think there may be no painter about whom I'm more ambivalent than Richard Diebenkorn.

I really appreciated your comments.

I'm quite excited about the chance to see a big "Ocean Park" retrospective, so I may have to go to DC this summer.

Further worship at the altar of Gilbert and George at the Pig. "The London Pictures" are at Lehmann Maupin (Chelsea and LES) and Sonnabend through June 23.

I think I at least manage to point out some things reviews have generally missed.

I think there may be no painter about whom I'm more ambivalent than Richard Diebenkorn.

I really appreciated your comments.

I'm quite excited about the chance to see a big "Ocean Park" retrospective, so I may have to go to DC this summer.

Having lived in Ocean Park for 10 years, I think Diebenkorn is special. He captured the soft light the way it was when I was there.

• 4 months later...

the warhol show at the met is great. lots of good work by other artists. richter and polke, some good koons stuff, etc, etc.

the contemporary photography show is worth walking through if you're in already in the building.

I really enjoyed the Warhol exhibit as well. My husband and I, art-amateurs that we are, often rent the audio-guide. This guide was an excellent tutorial of the exhibit, at least for us.

• 4 months later...

there's a history of photography at moma that has an eggelston picture of a tricycle that really blew me away. not sure why. the rest of that show is worth seeing.

I thought the eggleston show was what lex was posting until I scrolled up.

really want to see the william eggleston show at the met.

Just saw it last weekend - really good, if limited. Matisse was a stunner.

Matisse is great - it gives you an interesting insight into the artistic process and how he went about problem solving. Also worth seeing at the Met are Impressionism, Fashion & Modernity and Sopheap Pich's bamboo and ratan sculptures which are absolutely spectacular.