helena

So many Exhibitions, So Little Time

The big Picasso-Gilot show at Gagosian is worth an hour or so, the Diebenkorn prints at Greenberg Van Doren take less time. Comments at the Pig.

• Like 3

I think there may be no painter about whom I'm more ambivalent than Richard Diebenkorn.

I really appreciated your comments.

two exhibits whose last day is Saturday that I'm going to try to get two are the stella show at L&M and caizolari in chelsea.

I think there may be no painter about whom I'm more ambivalent than Richard Diebenkorn.

I'm quite excited about the chance to see a big "Ocean Park" retrospective, so I may have to go to DC this summer.

Further worship at the altar of Gilbert and George at the Pig. "The London Pictures" are at Lehmann Maupin (Chelsea and LES) and Sonnabend through June 23.

I think I at least manage to point out some things reviews have generally missed.

I'm quite excited about the chance to see a big "Ocean Park" retrospective, so I may have to go to DC this summer.

Having lived in Ocean Park for 10 years, I think Diebenkorn is special. He captured the soft light the way it was when I was there.

the warhol show at the met is great. lots of good work by other artists. richter and polke, some good koons stuff, etc, etc.

the contemporary photography show is worth walking through if you're in already in the building.

the warhol show at the met is great. lots of good work by other artists. richter and polke, some good koons stuff, etc, etc.

the contemporary photography show is worth walking through if you're in already in the building.

I really enjoyed the Warhol exhibit as well. My husband and I, art-amateurs that we are, often rent the audio-guide. This guide was an excellent tutorial of the exhibit, at least for us.

Everyday America - at the Steven Kasher gallery in Chelsea.

The pictures speak for themselves. It's only around until March 23rd. See this.

8556561478_5260018caa_z.jpg

8555450359_2fdc7d53ed_z.jpg

8556561204_4d7ff7b861_z.jpg

8555450287_263a42241a_o.jpg

8556571362_a2cafcec01_z.jpg

8556571308_e7f3360f76_z.jpg

8555460023_2e005e94c1_o.jpg

Because I can't resist, a few more pictures from the show.

8556581898_eb08e9f9d2_z.jpg

8556594556_91f999b8c3_z.jpg

8555483521_78b119bf53_z.jpg

really want to see the william eggleston show at the met.

Just saw it last weekend - really good, if limited. Matisse was a stunner.

there's a history of photography at moma that has an eggelston picture of a tricycle that really blew me away. not sure why. the rest of that show is worth seeing.

I thought the eggleston show was what lex was posting until I scrolled up.

really want to see the william eggleston show at the met.

Just saw it last weekend - really good, if limited. Matisse was a stunner.

Matisse is great - it gives you an interesting insight into the artistic process and how he went about problem solving. Also worth seeing at the Met are Impressionism, Fashion & Modernity and Sopheap Pich's bamboo and ratan sculptures which are absolutely spectacular.