The VPs at work have for some reason latched onto the idea that my good work is best rewarded with heaps of meat.

My latest success warranted a trip to Churrascaria Plataforma AND Blue Smoke.

This was my second visit to Blue Smoke. This time I thought the brisket was less smoky and not as tender. I remember really liking the mashed potatoes but they were merely acceptable this time. The highlights were the fry bread: seemed like a square roll that had been fried. It comes with chipotle butter. Hey you can slather chipotle butter on a cigarette butt and that would make a good meal as far as I'm concerned. The other highlight was the banana cream pie. Odd that I would like that as I usually don't like bananas and/or pie. To make things even stranger, we also ordered a chocolate layer cake that largely sat untouched.

All in all, I'd say Blue Smoke is fine if someone else is paying but I ain't hurrying back.

• Like 1
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The VPs at work have for some reason latched onto the idea that my good work is best rewarded with heaps of meat.   My latest success warranted a trip to Churrascaria Plataforma AND Blue Smoke.  

Ditto.

That wasn’t just a snowy day but a full blown blizzard. One guest arrived on cross country skis. Another who had driven in from New Jersey had several offers to put him up for the night since many of

This was my second visit to Blue Smoke. This time I thought the brisket was less smoky and not as tender. I remember really liking the mashed potatoes but they were merely acceptable this time........

All in all, I'd say Blue Smoke is fine if someone else is paying but I ain't hurrying back.

No doubt, because you have experienced Blue Ribbon since then!

This was my second visit to Blue Smoke. This time I thought the brisket was less smoky and not as tender. I remember really liking the mashed potatoes but they were merely acceptable this time........

No doubt, because you have experienced Blue Ribbon since then!

Yes, and BBQ NYC. I have seen the light.

The VPs at work have for some reason latched onto the idea that my good work is best rewarded with heaps of meat.

My latest success warranted a trip to Churrascaria Plataforma AND Blue Smoke.

Abby -

ya gotta convince them that a heap of money is a better reward.

The Burger Club made a pilgrimage to Blue Smoke and enjoyed their hamburger as I recall from their postings. Even got a write-up in the NY Times about it.

Even if someone else were paying, I'd try to find better BBQ. I found Blue Smoke to be non-offensive. Great form, not enough substance. For example, the ribs were some of the meatiest, most tender I've had. But their flavor, while not bland, was not near what I expect from bbq. The pulled pork was minced -- not good.

I rather like Blue Smoke's beef ribs, but Daisy May's are better. The house-made potato chips are yummy.

Abby, how was Churrascria - and was it the new one in Tribeca?

Cathy yes it was the new one in Tribeca. I've been to the other one in Hells Kitchen and I can't quite put my finger on it but I think I liked that one better. I guess Churrascurias shouldn't be so chic? Also the "salad bar" in Hells Kitchen is about a mile bigger.

This place is so over the top. At one point they brought out some cut of pork stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon. I also found the meat to be *really* salty. And the waiters are just about constantly urging you to try their national drink the caipirinha.