Momofuku Milk Bar

But it's organic, free range pie with artisinally-grown sugar.

there does seem to have been an incredible price-creep in the mid-to-lower end of "foods". Sure, all these pizzas, burgers, cupcakes and cookies are being sold in restaurants with nicer decor, but people no longer flinch at paying these prices what is little more than flour, ground meat and, well, flour, sugar and butter.

The cheap places still charge the same prices as always. It's just that now there are these expensive, trendy... one might even say "NBC" places that charge prices that I guess incorporate unnecessarily inflated ingredient and labor costs.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$5.25 FOR A TINY SLICE OF PIE???????????????

ARE THEY FUCKING NUTS????????????????????

But it's organic, free range pie with artisinally-grown sugar.

there does seem to have been an incredible price-creep in the mid-to-lower end of "foods". Sure, all these pizzas, burgers, cupcakes and cookies are being sold in restaurants with nicer decor, but people no longer flinch at paying these prices what is little more than flour, ground meat and, well, flour, sugar and butter.

The cheap places still charge the same prices as always. It's just that now there are these expensive, trendy... one might even say "NBC" places that charge prices that I guess incorporate unnecessarily inflated ingredient and labor costs.

Just say no. <_<

Sure, all these pizzas, burgers, cupcakes and cookies are being sold in restaurants with nicer decor, but people no longer flinch at paying these prices what is little more than flour, ground meat and, well, flour, sugar and butter.

Milk Bar has nice decor?

Sure, all these pizzas, burgers, cupcakes and cookies are being sold in restaurants with nicer decor, but people no longer flinch at paying these prices what is little more than flour, ground meat and, well, flour, sugar and butter.

Milk Bar has nice decor?

I think that picture of Dave Arnold and the dragon is pretty cool.

Milk Bar has nice decor?

Have you been to Ms. Fields?

Milk Bar has nice decor?

Not recently....how much do they charge for a cookie?

Milk Bar has nice decor?

Not recently....how much do they charge for a cookie?

It's not how much they charge Joe, it's the ambiance factor - ie just how round is the cookie? Aesthetically speaking of course.

• 5 months later...

That's super.

I remember a few years back, during OA times, when a few folks went on an Italian sandwich tasting tour and Plotz wondered why they'd do something like that as (being unable to eat sandwiches at the time) he'd convinced himself it's all Boar's Head.

Two years ago they fail to make a soft serve ice cream cone for 4.50, oozing ice cream all over the place, the technician dumps it in a cup and hands it to me like it's what I ordered. I ask if they want to serve it like that and pluckily they say yeah. OK. Two years later (not incidentally on my next visit) when I return I am heartened to see that they have given up at trying to succeed at making a soft serve ice cream cone and are only serving cups. So I order a cup of black sesame. They overfill the cup for 4.50, look at it quizzically and then drop the small cup messily in a larger cup and hand it to me. I am dumbfounded. And I get that at Milkbar salty is cool but the ice cream was inedibly salty. WTF. If they are still open two years from now I'll probably try again.