Rail Paul

Taylor pork roll

The Trenton Thunder will be donning special pork roll-themed uniforms once a week for the whole upcoming season.

The Trenton Thunder will be donning special pork roll-themed uniforms once a week for the whole upcoming season.

My best friend was kind enough to get me a shirt.

As someone who enjoys eating a good deal of it but didn't grow up on it and has no sentimental attachment to it, I'd say Taylor pork roll is what Canadian bacon would be if it were a low-quality (but appealing) processed commercial product.

I'm looking forward to some Jersey hipster's producing an artisanal version.

I think while foods had an artisanal version a few years ago. I liked it, having never had the original.

Some places in NJ even have pork roll ice cream, with French toast & maple syrup.

"Before it gets mixed in with the ice cream, the Taylor ham is cooked in an oven and pan-fried to caramelize the meat, then it’s topped with cinnamon and sugar. Each two-gallon carton of ice cream will contain around two and a half pounds of crispy pork roll bits. This unusual specialty is part of an “Only in Jersey” line of products that will also feature blueberry-, sweet corn-, and “tomato pie”-flavored ice creams that will be available throughout the state this summer."

https://www.eater.com/2018/5/2/17311712/pork-roll-ice-cream-new-jersey-taylor-ham