• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

Managed to hurt my neck last night while asleep. <_<

While you were "asleep," you mean? That should be a pleasant neck ache, dude. You know, a walking-around-in-the-morning-humming-absently-and-smiling kind of neck ache. Take it to the "When Complaining Is Really Bragging" thread.

My annoyance is people who go out to dinner on Valentine's Day. Come on, guys--it's rank amateur night, worse than New Year's Eve. No offense to anyone on this board who goes out to dinner tonight, however. It is your experienced and beneficent presence in our dining rooms that gets us through nights like these :)

(snip)

My annoyance is people who go out to dinner on Valentine's Day. Come on, guys--it's rank amateur night, worse than New Year's Eve. No offense to anyone on this board who goes out to dinner tonight, however. It is your experienced and beneficent presence in our dining rooms that gets us through nights like these :)

I was chatting with a server at Cent'Anni in Maplewood NJ last night about V-day.

He said nobody likes it, but the tips tend to be much better than an average Saturday night, and they will be slammed from 5.30 to midnight. You can make serious money, he said. Enough to put up with the crazies.

(snip)

I was chatting with a server at Cent'Anni in Maplewood NJ last night about V-day.

He said nobody likes it, but the tips tend to be much better than an average Saturday night, and they will be slammed from 5.30 to midnight. You can make serious money, he said. Enough to put up with the crazies.

That's surprising. Since it's Amateur Night, I'd expect less-than-usual tips. But maybe it's the time to impress the girlfriend with what a big spender you are. (She'll learn the opposite once she's the wife. :angry: )

Catching up with Wednesday's annoyance: sent out on a shoot, about an hour from here. Arrive at 11a, and the subject is drunk. Drunk AND leering. I manage to tell the cameraman, "do NOT leave me alone with this dude" and proceed, though if I worked for a normal person, I would have bailed. No surprise, the interview didn't yield even one decent sound bite.

(snip)

Yes, but I heard a restaurateur interviewed on All Things Considered yesterday complaining that with Valentine's Day falling on a Saturday, one good evening's business would be lost this year.

Stuff like that occasionally happens to me. You wake up and something that felt fine yesterday suddenly hurts.

Currently I find it quicker to inventory the bits that don't hurt.

While you were "asleep," you mean? That should be a pleasant neck ache, dude. You know, a walking-around-in-the-morning-humming-absently-and-smiling kind of neck ache. Take it to the "When Complaining Is Really Bragging" thread.

I try to avoid fancy restaurants on V-Day. That's why we went to Hearth last night and a dinky hole-in-the-wall this evening.

Stuff like that occasionally happens to me. You wake up and something that felt fine yesterday suddenly hurts.

my philtrum is really screwed up this morning

Catching up with Wednesday's annoyance: sent out on a shoot, about an hour from here. Arrive at 11a, and the subject is drunk. Drunk AND leering. I manage to tell the cameraman, "do NOT leave me alone with this dude" and proceed, though if I worked for a normal person, I would have bailed. No surprise, the interview didn't yield even one decent sound bite.

You got Joaquin Phoenix?

my philtrum is really screwed up this morning

that's nothing, my uvula fell off