Chain emails.

Yeah. Especially the ones that ask you to send it on to "10 people that really mean a lot to you, including the person that sent you this email". So that when you don't – and I don't – the person that sent you the email will know that you think they suck.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

I am not much annoyed as mystified by the "send this to 7 people and see what happens to your screen! It really works! I don't know how, but it does!" crap.

Or the flip side, a stand-alone Cancer Center without a single oncologist on staff.

Well, depending on the cancer, I don't know if I would trust just an Oncologist. Your perspective changes when you work in medicine. Although...if it's a dermatologist or a GP....run away!! Fast!

Chain emails.

Oooh, one of my biggest pet peeves. I wrote this reply to a sender once:

I STRONGLY object to chain letters. Despite how innocent and friendly they may appear, they all operate on the principle of blackmailing people to get what you want. The blackmail may vary from minor guilt-tripping ("don't ruin it for us", "it'll be fun") to threatening ("Mr. X broke the chain and his parents were machine-gunned the next day") but frankly, the degree of blackmail doesn't really matter, it is still blackmail, and you should NOT do that to people you consider to be friends, or place them in an awkward position. Chain letters are ALL manipulative, and I will NEVER participate in one, no matter how friendly or innocent it is.

Chain emails.

Yeah. Especially the ones that ask you to send it on to "10 people that really mean a lot to you, including the person that sent you this email". So that when you don't – and I don't – the person that sent you the email will know that you think they suck.

I consider that a form of constructive feedback.

Chain emails.

You *might* think so, but it doesn't ever seem to take. It's when you get the same chain emails from the same friends about every six months, year after year, that you really give up hope.

Did you ever try looking up a story or a threat of doom, Snopes it, then send the information back? That has made only a scant impression if an impression at all.

Chain emails.

Oooh, one of my biggest pet peeves. I wrote this reply to a sender once:

I STRONGLY object to chain letters. Despite how innocent and friendly they may appear, they all operate on the principle of blackmailing people to get what you want. The blackmail may vary from minor guilt-tripping ("don't ruin it for us", "it'll be fun") to threatening ("Mr. X broke the chain and his parents were machine-gunned the next day") but frankly, the degree of blackmail doesn't really matter, it is still blackmail, and you should NOT do that to people you consider to be friends, or place them in an awkward position. Chain letters are ALL manipulative, and I will NEVER participate in one, no matter how friendly or innocent it is.

Have you considered medication or intensive psycho-therapy?

Or just hitting the delete button?

Chain emails.

You *might* think so, but it doesn't ever seem to take. It's when you get the same chain emails from the same friends about every six months, year after year, that you really give up hope.

Did you ever try looking up a story or a threat of doom, Snopes it, then send the information back? That has made only a scant impression if an impression at all.

Yes, I do that a lot. And you'd think it would make a body pause for a moment before hitting "SEND" on the next Bullshit Spam of Doom email, but you would be sorely mistaken.

Chain emails.

Yes, I do that a lot. And you'd think it would make a body pause for a moment before hitting "SEND" on the next Bullshit Spam of Doom email, but you would be sorely mistaken.

Why not reciprocate?

Chain emails.

Why not reciprocate?

anyone who sends me chain emails gets 12 large deluxe pizzas COD with an unsigned note thanking them for the chain email

Chain emails.

Why not reciprocate?

anyone who sends me chain emails gets 12 large deluxe pizzas COD with an unsigned note thanking them for the chain email

Are you faster than Domino's?

Why not reciprocate?

Therein lies madness.

These are people that we like. We are sorta buds. We share Life Experiences.

But you hope to enlighten them a little, at the very least. Smack them across the chops, mebbe, on a bad day. In fact, you only *Snopes* them once in a blue moon, and even then it makes you feel mean; much that it matters, they still don't get it.

I had a friend say to me once, "It means that someone is thinking of you. You should be glad of that." I just can't help but wish that they would think of me just a little bit more.

I'll tell you what. I just got that Maya Angelou thing again tonight, that:

"A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...

enough money within her control to move out

and rent a place of her own,

even if she never wants to or needs to... "

Jefusfr*knCrst*almty. This woman has a BS in math, a BS in English and I wrote her husband's obituary.

I Snopes'd her.