The pain from the herniated disk just won't let up. I have to go back to doing my exercises, and perhaps switch doctors--the one I've been seeing did not do a good job with the cortisone injection IMO.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

Did you just have one?

I had either one or two (I can't remember), which produced little relief. Then I went back for a deeper injection right at the root of the inflamed nerve. That sorted me out; so it's worth exploring further.

Maybe those traits go together. I am anally well-organized, and therefore throw a complete wobbler if I can't find something. :)

Yep. Me, too.

A few weeks ago, it was my reading glasses. I knew I'd stuck them in the front pocket of my purse before I left the house, but when I hopped back in the car in town with a contract in hand, my specs were nowhere to be found. The first phase of the “wobbler” was wondering if I'd lost my mind and was deluded in remembering sticking my specs in my purse, and I spent about 10 minutes sorting through the limited contents of my purse – 8 or 10 times. When I got home, I spent nearly two hours retracing every activity leading up to my departure, which required sifting through the trash, poking around in 5 inches of fresh snow around the car, searching all the way down the driveway to the mailbox and back (@ 50 yds. each way). All of this done knowing full well that I'd never have let my glasses go missing in any of these scenarios, but they had to be somewhere. My last resort was suspecting that I'd actually taken my glasses out in the establishment where I'd picked up the contract, and left them on the counter. So I called the establishment and asked if they'd found a pair of glasses left behind on the counter, which they hadn't, but offered that someone had turned in a pair they'd found lying in the parking lot. Which pair fit the description of my specs perfectly. Somehow I'd flung them from the front pocket of my purse when I pulled it from the car.

I was so deranged by that point I had to sit and have a stiff drink just to compose myself (lucky for me it was about 5:30 on a Friday afternoon...I don't think I'd have gone for the hooch had it been, say, a Tuesday morning).

"Mora" and "purse" just don't fit for me. I know it's me, not you.

No, it's me, too. Sort of like “Mora” and “pantyhose”, or “Mora” and “nail polish”. Would it help if I explained that it's more of a mini-backpack sort of thing?

"Mora" and "purse" just don't fit for me. I know it's me, not you.

No, it's me, too. Sort of like “Mora” and “pantyhose”, or “Mora” and “nail polish”. Would it help if I explained that it's more of a mini-backpack sort of thing?

Ah, yes. Better. I thank yew.

Did you just have one?

I had either one or two (I can't remember), which produced little relief. Then I went back for a deeper injection right at the root of the inflamed nerve. That sorted me out; so it's worth exploring further.

Just the one. Getting it was so incredibly painful that I'm reluctant to go for another one. But it could be that it was administered improperly.

Maybe those traits go together. I am anally well-organized, and therefore throw a complete wobbler if I can't find something. :)

Yep. Me, too.

I finally found my keys. I have a little clay pot that Paula gave me from Greece and I use it for my laundry card, keys, change, and BART cards. It is on the corner of a counter and like a good girl, I threw my keys into the pot except they landed behind the pot where I couldn't see them.

Still wasted too many hours on that. :angry:

But at least I found them.

must go shopping for jeans. i hate hate hate shopping for jeans

Try www.zafu before you start. They have that "sizing" questionnaire that might help you narrow down what brand to look for.

must go shopping for jeans. i hate hate hate shopping for jeans

Try www.zafu before you start. They have that "sizing" questionnaire that might help you narrow down what brand to look for.

i'll take a look but if it's the one i used before it always suggests $500 jeans and that ain't gonna happen

Yep. Me, too.

I finally found my keys. I have a little clay pot that Paula gave me from Greece and I use it for my laundry card, keys, change, and BART cards. It is on the corner of a counter and like a good girl, I threw my keys into the pot except they landed behind the pot where I couldn't see them.

Still wasted too many hours on that. :angry:

But at least I found them.

Last June when my sister went into the hospital, she was terribly concerned that she had not been able to find her housekeys. Figuring that we must be similar at least in that way, I looked through her house in all the "likely" places. Still no keys. Finally, I had to go pee. She had left a pair of jeans hanging over the towel bar -- and you guessed it, the keys were in a pocket. Similar in a deeply ingrained way. :lol:

There was a rash of shootings last night and one I actually heard. I was at Mooshmouse's house watching her son and heard a couple of muffled bangs and then there was a shitload of sirens. While watching the news at 11, I came to realize that it was yet another gangland slaying 6 blocks away from her house. This is a fairly quiet, family oriented neighborhood, much like all of them where these murders are happening. There were 4 shooting last night alone and another murder in the morning. All gang related, all scattered throughout the city. It's getting to be a bit much and when you can hear it.....that's when it definitely hits a little too close to home.