Ack. I feel for you peppyre! Gang-related shootings, while a problem here for years, are on the rise recently. It's unnerving, to say the least.

My annoyance, while a little less scary, is that I accidentally bought a whole pound of salted butter. I don't know how to cook with this stuff, but I can't afford to go back and get real butter. Ugh.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

My annoyance, while a little less scary, is that I accidentally bought a whole pound of salted butter. I don't know how to cook with this stuff, but I can't afford to go back and get real butter. Ugh.

Bake shortbread!!!

I have a confession to make - I love salt and never use anything other than salted butter.

Have you tried Craigslist?

I have a confession to make - I love salt and never use anything other than salted butter.

Lauren, I love salt, too -- I even salt take-out pizza! But I like to control the salt as I'm cooking and add it in stages, I'm just not used to starting with pre-salted fat. I think I'll live, though. ;)

Lauren, I love salt, too -- I even salt take-out pizza! But I like to control the salt as I'm cooking and add it in stages, I'm just not used to starting with pre-salted fat. I think I'll live, though. ;)

use less salt in your cooking or spread it on bread and crackers. if it's not premium salted butter with sea salt crystals still crunchy in the mix you would probably only notice the difference in sweets but since al lot of sweets have a bit of salt in the recipe again you can just skip the salt or add less.

There was a rash of shootings last night and one I actually heard. I was at Mooshmouse's house watching her son and heard a couple of muffled bangs and then there was a shitload of sirens. While watching the news at 11, I came to realize that it was yet another gangland slaying 6 blocks away from her house. This is a fairly quiet, family oriented neighborhood, much like all of them where these murders are happening. There were 4 shooting last night alone and another murder in the morning. All gang related, all scattered throughout the city. It's getting to be a bit much and when you can hear it.....that's when it definitely hits a little too close to home.

I just hope they're shooting each other & not random passersby.

There was a rash of shootings last night and one I actually heard. I was at Mooshmouse's house watching her son and heard a couple of muffled bangs and then there was a shitload of sirens. While watching the news at 11, I came to realize that it was yet another gangland slaying 6 blocks away from her house. This is a fairly quiet, family oriented neighborhood, much like all of them where these murders are happening. There were 4 shooting last night alone and another murder in the morning. All gang related, all scattered throughout the city. It's getting to be a bit much and when you can hear it.....that's when it definitely hits a little too close to home.

gang related violence is definitely on the rise across the country and the real estate/mortgage woes aremaking it more apparent in areas that haven't seen it close up before. as people in "quiet" neighborhoods start renting out their properties to avoid foreclosure many are looking for tenants who will pay cash. there are whole "exclusive" gated communities in arizona that have become gang territory as members start to rent or buy for cash from desperate owners. in my old fancy brooklyn neighborhood that didn't used to be so fancy, some of the tenants in the building next door were an assortment of gang members and drug dealers whose business sometimes spilled outside of their apartments. more than once, i slept on the floor in my hallway while shots whizzed past my 2nd floor bedroom window. my downstairs neighbor actually had a bullet come through their bedroom window. but otherwise they were great neighbors.

Taste it, then adjust your salt accordingly. You don't bake so there should be ample opportunity to correct the seasoning. Even with baking, I usually just omit the salt if using salted butter. There's not usually *that* much salt.