As I was walking to the subway this AM, a whole load of snow and ice fell on top of me, getting into everything (including some down my collar). I can only hope it was just a random event caused by snow melting on one of the store awnings.

(And lest you think it couldn't be anything sinister, I was hit by eggs once in Park Slope, thrown from someone's window.)

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

As I was walking to the subway this AM, a whole load of snow and ice fell on top of me, getting into everything (including some down my collar). I can only hope it was just a random event caused by snow melting on one of the store awnings.

(And lest you think it couldn't be anything sinister, I was hit by eggs once in Park Slope, thrown from someone's window.)

could have been a safe or an anvil. count your blessings

Thumb. Pain from the base right down into my wrist. Sprain? Something to do with a tendon? I've had some discomfort for a few days, but it shrieked and gave up when I was moving an armchair last night.

Or a dishwasher.

Or a dishwasher.

word!

Thumb. Pain from the base right down into my wrist. Sprain? Something to do with a tendon? I've had some discomfort for a few days, but it shrieked and gave up when I was moving an armchair last night.

the best thing to do is to remove it and take a closer look. do you have a knife?

7 gang related shootings in 2 days. 2 DAYS! 7! Why can't these fuckers just kill each other already? It is just a matter of time before an innocent bystander gets killed. Most of these shootings are happening during the day, in gas stations, in shopping mall parking lots, on quiet streets in family neighborhoods.

Never mind shootings, what about my thumb?

Possibly either a trauma to the distal radius, or more exotically de Quervain's tenosynovitis.

de Quervain's pain can be pretty excruciating. if you think it's that you should see a hand surgeon pronto to confirm