• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

... or more exotically de Quervain's tenosynovitis.

Ah. The French disease.

That's syphilis.

It was a joke. I figured I didn't need to use a smiley.

Wilfrid's syphilis is no joking matter.

... or more exotically de Quervain's tenosynovitis.

Ah. The French disease.

That's syphilis.

I simply cannot see that word without thinking...

Cats on the rooftops, cats on the tiles,

Cats with syphilis, cats with piles,

Cats with their arseholes wreathed in smiles,

As they revel in the joys of fornication.

fucking charter communications. this is a criminal enterprise who clearly instruct their customer service to actively defraud customers until the threat of cancellation of services is issued. my latest saga:

in january our last 1 year pricing deal ended and on jan 26 the monthly bill shot up $40 (for all the same stuff). i called right away, spoke to someone who gave me a new 12 month package at a much lower rate and told me that because of the way their billing works i should pay the amount listed on the bill and they would credit the over-payment on the next bill. silly me, i believed him. so, the new bill shows up, and while the new ongoing package price is what it is supposed to be there's no sign of the credit. i call "customer service". after some back and forth in which the guy commiserates with me and tells me how he can't believe what a poor job the previous guy did. he says there's no note of the credit and what's more, because the guy only adjusted my cable billing my internet and phone prices are going to shoot up when their original 12 month deals expire this month. immediately, i know he's bullshitting (i got all three services together and the package price is on one clock) but i let it be--after all if it lets him feel better to announce himself as the best csr on the block who am i to demur. then the fucker tries to sell me on some 24 month contract. after we establish that i am not interested (this involves his first ignoring for 3 minutes the repetition of the statement "i am not not interested") he tries to tell me that in that case i am screwed and am doomed to my rates going up next month, and nor can he do anything about the credit for which no record remains, and so what would i like to do. i would like to cancel, i say, and finally move to satellite. and what do you know, everything gets adjusted magically. this time i stay on the phone till the credit is applied and he confirms to me that my new balance is $30 lower than the billed amount.

motherfuckers.

fucking charter communications. this is a criminal enterprise who clearly instruct their customer service to actively defraud customers until the threat of cancellation of services is issued. my latest saga:

in january our last 1 year pricing deal ended and on jan 26 the monthly bill shot up $40 (for all the same stuff). i called right away, spoke to someone who gave me a new 12 month package at a much lower rate and told me that because of the way their billing works i should pay the amount listed on the bill and they would credit the over-payment on the next bill. silly me, i believed him. so, the new bill shows up, and while the new ongoing package price is what it is supposed to be there's no sign of the credit. i call "customer service". after some back and forth in which the guy commiserates with me and tells me how he can't believe what a poor job the previous guy did. he says there's no note of the credit and what's more, because the guy only adjusted my cable billing my internet and phone prices are going to shoot up when their original 12 month deals expire this month. immediately, i know he's bullshitting (i got all three services together and the package price is on one clock) but i let it be--after all if it lets him feel better to announce himself as the best csr on the block who am i to demur. then the fucker tries to sell me on some 24 month contract. after we establish that i am not interested (this involves his first ignoring for 3 minutes the repetition of the statement "i am not not interested") he tries to tell me that in that case i am screwed and am doomed to my rates going up next month, and nor can he do anything about the credit for which no record remains, and so what would i like to do. i would like to cancel, i say, and finally move to satellite. and what do you know, everything gets adjusted magically. this time i stay on the phone till the credit is applied and he confirms to me that my new balance is $30 lower than the billed amount.

motherfuckers.

in future start any request by asking for the retention department. they have magical powers and in exchange for you listening to their upsell pitches they will almost always fix the original issue.

fucking charter communications. this is a criminal enterprise who clearly instruct their customer service to actively defraud customers until the threat of cancellation of services is issued.

Charter: they're better than Adelphia (which, I believe, was a criminal enterprise).

Guest Aaron T
in future start any request by asking for the retention department. they have magical powers and in exchange for you listening to their upsell pitches they will almost always fix the original issue.

For mobile phone and cable companies the retention dept is indeed the key to getting what you want. But as I think I posted I was screwed by the WSJ online and they didn't care when I threatened to quit, so I did and I got my $150 back.

Comcast is as bad as all the other cable companies.

My frustration is that I only really want broadband but no phone line. That is expensive from the phone company and not an attractive deal for the cable co either.... :ph43r:

So why am I paying $82/month for running water and indoor plumbing and $188/month for phone/TV and the new hidef digital TV is a mess of pixel breakup squares and skips in the sound? And the stockmarket is in the 6,000's and 401(K)s have lost half their value. And credit card charges/fees have jumped 100% with no controls for at least another year? What country should I move to?